Apple's new Lightning connector currently doesn't transfer data at USB 3.0 speeds, despite the belief that it is able to support it. A new listing on Apple's Jobs site suggests that the company is working to bring full USB 3.0 support for its iOS dev...
While first day sales for Microsoft's Surface RT tablet attracted a long line in Beijing back in October, demand for the device in China has been low, as shipments reached only 30,000 units during the fourth quarter, according to research firm IDC.
Apple and Vodafone have secured a deal with the New Zealand Police to provide 6,000 police officers with iPhones and 3,900 of those officers with iPads.
As we wrote last week, Apple's rights to the iPhone trademark in Brazil was hanging in the balance, in the latest twist, Brazilian regulators have ruled the company doesn't have the exclusive rights to the name in the country.
Apple has won a new patent covering "microslot antenna" technology that could enable the next iPhone, iPad or MacBook to be thinner, or could leave more space within the device's housing for internal components. The technology could also allow Apple ...
Apple's iPad certainly has a whole variety of uses. One of the coolest we've come across specifically is iPad mini being professionally installed into a car dashboard.
Apple has been blamed for the potentially dangerous flaws found in the FireReady bushfire information iOS app.
Friends of the Earth is accusing Apple and Samsung of "trashing tropical forests and coral reefs in Indonesia" due to the use of tin in the iPhone and iPad.
Following the alleged discovery iPhone prototypes with multiple screen sizes, an analyst has claimed that he is "now confident" that Apple will launch a low-cost iPhone this year.
Apple is paid an estimated $1 billion a year by Google for positioning its search engine as the default option on iOS devices, an analyst has said.
A newly published patent application indicates that that Apple is considering a new security feature for its future devices that would replace passcodes with an image recognition system.
Sends out text to customers warning that update will cause problems
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has said that he thinks the company is falling behind in the smartphone market with its iPhone, and allowing rivals such as Samsung to catch up.
New iPad 5 renderings have been created based on the leaked back plate that emerged last week, showing what Apple's next iPad could look like in comparison to the iPad 4 and iPad mini.
iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 have reportedly been spotted at Apple's suppliers by a source who claims that both smartphones will launch this year.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
- Obama commutes sentence for Chelsea Manning, a WikiLeaks source
- HPE buying SimpliVity for US$650 million to boost hyperconvergence
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCTest LeadVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW