Apple co-founder talks about growing smartphone market, reflects on Apple's past
Stuck for a last-minute gift? If your giftee is the proud owner of an iPhone, iPad or iPad Touch, there are plenty of gadgets to choose from. Here are some items that Apple fans will love.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Recent Apple patent activity raises hopes of sonar and audio-detecting screen in the iPhone 6
Android tablets, large or small, can't seem to match the battery life of the iPad. In a recent set of battery life tests, Apple's new iPad has the longest battery life among 10-inch tablets; in the 7-inch category, the iPad Mini comes out on top as w...
Apple on Friday launched its iPad mini and fourth generation iPad in the Chinese market. But at the company's newest store in Beijing, early turnout for the device was nearly nonexistent, with not even a line forming outside the building.
Windows, and particularly Windows 8 tablets, won't be a major factor until at least 2016, according to an online report.
Apple has begun seeding iOS 6.1 beta 3 to developers this week, with bug fixes and improvements.
Apple is set to launch its iPhone 5 in more than 50 additional countries including South Korea, Brazil, China and Russia this month, the company revealed in a press release today.
The Daily's demise may appear to be a big blow to the future of iPad magazines -- but it shouldn't. Tablet publishers can learn a great deal from The Daily's shortcomings.
Apple is planning to launch a new iTunes music streaming service called 'iRadio' in 2013, according to new reports.
There was. It couldn’t have been more different from the Apple of today, according to the man behind the iPod.
Welcome to another installment of our weekly iPad-case roundup. As usual, this week's selection includes a slew of different offerings--enough to chase the winter blues away (maybe with the help of a cup of hot cocoa and a good e-book or two).
Apple's iPhone 5 is slated for a Dec. 14 launch in China, one of the company's biggest markets, and the company's iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad will start selling in the country a week earlier on Dec. 7.
Sales of tablets in China are growing at 63 percent annually, and analysts expect demand to carry on growing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA