Apple has released the second beta of iOS 6.1 to developers, with Map Kit enhancements and Passbook improvements, alongside a new Apple TV software beta and a new preview of Xcode 4.6.
Apple will begin the trial production process for the 'iPhone 5S' in December, according to new reports.
The iPhone 5 appears to be suffering from a touch-based input 'glitch' that causes the display to pause or completely stop responding to touch input when the user is swiping back and forth diagonally on the screen in a fast motion.
Analyst Horace Dediu notes that Apple spent $2.3 billion more than forecast and suggests that it was to bail out Sharp.
Speculation about Microsoft Office's arrival on iPad, iPhone and Android has been circulating the web for a while now, but the latest reports suggest that the productivity suite could finally be released on mobile devices early next year.
Microsoft's future hinges on attracting developers to build Windows 8 apps. But by offering financial incentives, supporting a range of programming languages and allowing developers to write code once for multiple devices, those developers may soon f...
A new report has sparked a debate about the possibility of Apple rejecting Google's Maps app for iOS, which is expected to be submitted to the App Store later this year.
An analyst has predicted that Apple has sold two million iPad minis since its launch last week.
Don't be fooled by the advertised 32GB of storage in Microsoft's Surface with Windows RT tablet. The actual amount of available storage in the $500 model is closer to 16GB.
Apple has announced that it sold three million iPads during the first weekend following the launch of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad.
A teardown of Apple's new iPad mini by IHS iSuppli reveals that each 16GB WiFi only model of the 7.9in tablets costs roughly $188 (£117) to build. This equates to a gross profit margin of approximately 43 per cent for Apple.
If there was any doubt that Apple's iPad would gladly welcome all challengers, look no further than this weekend's sales results. Apple announced on Monday that it had sold 3 million of its newest iPads models, launched in the US and Australia on Fri...
Square Trade, who offer warrentees for equipment like laptops and iPads, has published a video on YouTube in which the new iPad mini, Google Nexus 7 and iPad 3 are drop tested to see which one comes of best.
We compare the displays of the iPad mini and iPad 3, with head-to-head comparisons on Safari and iBooks.
Our iPad mini benchmark and iPad 4 benchmark tests show a strong performance from both devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW