When Hugh Owen wakes up in the morning, the first thing he reaches for after the alarm clock is his iPad 2. Even before he gets out of bed, he's started reviewing the flock of corporate reports on yesterday's metrics and today's plans.
Samsung must not sell the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Germany because it looks too much like Apple's iPad 2, the district court in Düsseldorf ruled on Friday.
It seems the only way to beat Apple in the tablet market these days is to knock down your prices to the point of unprofitability.
Now you see it, now you don't: Samsung Electronics erased all traces of the Galaxy Tab 7.7 from its exhibition stand at the Internationale Funkausstellung (IFA) in Berlin on Saturday, <a href="https://www.infoworld.com/d/mobile-technology/samsung-rev...
Entire books have already been written on the contributions Steve Jobs has made to Apple, the company he helped found 35 years ago. In many ways, the most significant ones took place after 1997, when he returned to Apple from exile and set about to c...
A German court has upheld a preliminary injunction requested by Apple, preventing Samsung Electronics from selling its Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet PC in Germany.
There are signs that Apple may soon allow China Mobile to distribute the iPhone, a deal that could give Apple a bigger share of China's mobile phone market. But Apple faces a tough choice in order to reach such a deal, say analysts: develop an iPhone...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice to the chorus, people took notice.
Samsung is again free to sell its Android-based Galaxy Tab 10.1 in all European Union countries except for Germany, after a court in Düsseldorf changed its injunction enacted last week.
Apple and its lawyers have, perhaps inadvertently, misled the judge of a Düsseldorf court by filing flawed evidence of the similarity between the iPad 2 and Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablets based on an inaccurate picture, an investigation by Webwere...
Apple isn't just going after the Samsung Galaxy Tab in Europe, it's also attacking the Motorola Xoom.
The best way to protect business information on smartphones from cybercriminals is to leave that information off smartphones, according to a mobile security expert.
Soon, SAP hopes to sew up a gaping security hole for its 7,000 iPad-toting employees. The Germany-based tech giant is beta testing a product that will allow it to send PGP-encrypted confidential email to employees. In turn, employees will be able to ...
With Microsoft trumpeting the idea that PCs and tablets should run the same operating system and have all the same capabilities, will Apple go down the same road?
Skype's Internet phone and video chat application for Apple's iPad was available late Monday, but was quickly pulled from Apple's online stores. Skype said in a Twitter message that it had gone live prematurely.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- Up to a dozen banks are reportedly investigating potential SWIFT breaches
- Google goes after Microsoft, Tableau, and others with a new free analytics tool
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD