Apple reported its quarterly numbers on Tuesday, a mixed bag that saw profits rise up but sales fall short of the mark. Here are five takeaways from the earnings call that followed.
Apple has racked up another hugely profitable quarter on sales of iPhones and Macintosh computers, though its revenue growth was slower than expected.
Apple's partnership with IBM to tackle the mobile enterprise could have lasting ramifications for both companies -- as well as for rivals Google, Microsoft and BlackBerry. It could also make life a lot easier for IT staff at large enterprises.
Apple is making a big push for the corporate IT market through a partnership with IBM, which will develop iOS apps for its big data and analytics services and promote iPhones and iPads to its clients.
Teachers will be able to can create, edit, manage and share course materials with their students directly from Apple’s iPad following an update to its iTunes U software.
Presto pledged support for Google’s Chromecast when the dongle was launched at the end of May. Today the Foxtel subsidiary has kept its commitment by making it possible to stream Presto from select Android tablets, iPads and PCs to Chromecast equippe...
They were flat. Many had pens or touchscreens. And most of them died. Swipe back in time to see how tablets have evolved to the Surface, iPad, and Android slates we use today.
HealthKit, a new feature of Apple's iOS 8, will let apps share health and activity information and send it to doctors.
Heroes, bugs, puzzlers, baseball and more fill this list of popular Apple iPhone, iPad games
Private servers, WiFi camera monitors, remote management -- further proof that the iPad is an IT pro essential
Microsoft Office does its best to challenge the reigning Apple iWork.
From rare gemstone to mass market material for future iPhones, iPads and more?
Seeing the latest smartphone makes some people's hearts beat faster. Now there's an app that can hear them.
Microsoft officially announced Microsoft Office for iPad on Thursday, pushing Microsoft's office suite onto the most popular tablet in the market.
Microsoft has finally developed a version of Office for the iPad, a move many feel comes too late.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC