When Apple's iOS 4.2 debuts next month, it will offer enough features to make the iPad tablet a device that's safe for business if IT security teams take the right steps.
An iPad app that acts as a menu for restaurants will be launched at a food and hospitality trade expo next week in Sydney.
An Australian-designed application that allows users to order take away food via an iPhone, iPod Touch or Apple iPad launched this week.
Apple's iOS and Google's Android OS dominate the new non-BlackBerry installations in enterprises across the globe between July and September 2010, according to Good Technology's tally of what the mobility management vendor's customers are deploying. ...
When it comes to iOS downgrading, most people talk about reverting to an older version of the operating system, like going from iOS 4 back to 3.2. The guy who posted this video to YouTube clearly has an entirely different definition.
The Tasmanian Department of Education and Training has revealed over 30 iPads are being trialled in a number of schools across the state, with plans in the works to also examine the potential for Android- and Windows-based tablets to be used as an ed...
Schools and universities right around Australia had jumped headfirst into trials of Apple's hyped iPad tablet as they rush to discover exactly what the device's use will be in the educational field - sometimes with the support of their overarching ed...
Google said on Monday that Apple iPad owners would soon be able to edit Google Docs files on their tablets.
The death of the PC industry at the hands of Apple's iPad has been greatly exaggerated, analysts said today.
Despite denials and contrary rumors, it seems that Apple is on schedule to release a new version of the wildly successful iPad just about a year after it unveiled the first version of the tablet.
Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars HD for iPad is now available from the App Store.
The University of Adelaide is calling it quits with paper-based textbooks and will hand out free iPads to students enrolling in a science degree in 2011, claiming the new Apple tablets will revolutionise the way science is taught at the institution.
Samsung's Android-powered Galaxy Tab will be a "litmus test" for the tablet market, according to analyst firm Ovum.
Just when it appears Android 2.2 is ready to leap from smartphones to tablets, Google steps up and casts aspersions on its mobile operating system - at least for now.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs today -- in the midst of a blitz of consumer-oriented announcements such as video rentals in iTunes, a new touch-based iPod music player model, and an online multiuser gaming service -- introduced a new version of its mobile OS a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qatar National Bank claims customer data released by hackers is authentic
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW