A European Parliament's consumer protection committee has voted to standardize smartphone connectors in a move to reduce waste. As a result Apple may have to adopt microUSB for charging the iPad and iPhone.
Apple is reportedly placing orders with Samsung and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) for the A8 chip, expected to be used in Apple's iPhone 6 in 2014.
Apple has emerged as the most valuable brand in the world, passing Coca-Cola which held the top position for 13 years, according to a report released by brand consultancy Interbrand.
Analysts and Apple watchers have been predicting how many of the new iPhones Apple will sell over the launch weekend, and predictions range from 5-8 million units. However, there is some concern about possible iPhone 5s constraints and low pre-orders...
Pocket has rolled out a sizable update to its iOS app of the same name. The update includes some minor design changes, but it also adds several tools and options to make your mobile reading experience even better.
It's time to look at apps that make these mobile devices even more powerful for business users.
Have you been patiently waiting for new iPads while everyone's been getting excited about iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s? Listen up! Rumour has it that Apple is planning a 15 October event, which is expected to see the unveiling of iPad 5, iPad mini 2 and n...
Apple has released a new TV ad for the iPhone 5c, which highlights the use of polycarbonate material in the new iPhone, describing it as "Plastic Perfected."
Evidence that the iPhone 5S will feature a fingerprint sensor built-in to the Home button is mounting, with new reports suggesting that the iPhone 5S will have a silver ring around the Home button.
Apple's 10 September iPhone event is just around the corner, but that hasn't stopped speculation about the iPhone 6 that is expected to arrive next year.
With just weeks to go until the expected Apple special event, leaked images of the iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S and iPad 5 just keep coming.
The market share of Apple's iPad fell dramatically in China during the second quarter as a result of competition from Android tablets made by little-known "white box" vendors.
Apple's iPhone 5S could be available in a new gold colour, and could have a 128GB option, evidence suggests.
Over the past month, there have been so many leaked iPad 5, iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C parts that we've been able to do regular leaked parts roundups. This week has been no exception.
Apple's expected 10 September event, which will reportedly see the unveiling of the iPhone 5S and a low-cost iPhone 5C, could be the most successful Apple launch ever, an analyst has said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW