You upgraded to the latest version of iOS, but now you need to revert back? Here are the instructions.
Jailbreaking--the process that enables you to install unauthorized-by-Apple third-party apps and additional features on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad--has been in a largely dormant state since the release of iOS 6. But it's back again.
The iOS 6.1 update fixes some bugs, but also introduces brand new ones, like potentially crippling your iPhone’s built-in speaker.
Struggling to read small text on your iPad mini? There's a fix for that.
If you've got a library of downloaded videos and want to watch them on your smartphone or tablet, you might find out they're the wrong file type. Some tablets and phones can only play specific file types, and only a few devices support high definitio...
Among other things, the iPad is a great way to save paper: It lets you carry around all kinds of digital documents that you might otherwise have had to print.
The iPad has recently been jailbroken. Even if you've held off jailbreaking your other iPhone OS devices, the iPad's substantially faster hardware and difficult-to-define "3rd device" role make the best case yet for jailbreaking. A user- and develop...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperACT
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystSA
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC