Apple Inc. has an interesting pie-slicing problem coming as far as developers of iPhone (and iPod Touch) applications are concerned. All of those first- and second-generation iPhones run the same operating system -- the just-released iPhone OS 3.0 --...
Half-price multifunction printers, free Nintendo Wiis and a new iPhone in our update of hot deals! Some end June 30,2009 -- so don't miss out.
BREAKING NEWS: Your Apple iPhone is bound to break! At least, if you believe a new study by an electronics warranty company that, by pure coincidence, happens to be promoting an iPhone warranty plan on its home page right now. Breaking news? Broken n...
Apple's iPhone 3G S is the talk of the tech world this week. While some folks were disappointed a cheaper iPhone didn't debut at this year's Worldwide Developers Conference, the 16GB iPhone 3G S may actually be a better deal than you'd think: The pho...
Not to burst anyone's balloon, but the Phone 3G S isn't a world-changer--unless you've never had an iPhone, of course. For the rest of us, it's simply the world's most successful "speed bump" for an existing product.
Now in its third generation, the iPhone handset has made improvements with each successive model. This year, though, the improvements are less about what you see and more about what's packed under the chassis--and what's available in the iPhone OS 3....
The new iPhone 3GS is a conservative, yet intelligent addition to the iPhone family. Its faster processor and greater operating memory are exactly what the doctor ordered. However, the lack of a keyboard, UMA and better battery features allows the co...
The iPhone 3G S handset is well appointed, functional, and nicely packaged, but it's not at the high-end of the smartphone hardware scale. The OS and interface -- and the richly stocked App Store -- remain the best reasons to buy an iPhone. Unless yo...
The iPhone 3G S' hardware, including a faster microprocessor and a faster graphics processor than those in last year's model, supports Apple's claims that the new device is two to three times faster overall, a just-completed teardown shows.
Apple's iPhone 3G S goes on sale in the US and UK today, a week before its launch in Australia on June 26.
We've delved into iPhone OS 3.0 and so far, we like what we've seen. But after playing with it all day, we noted a few new features that should be thrown in for the next update as well as a few existing apps that desperately need a makeover.
It has been a crazy night trying to download the latest iPhone update, with many reporting that they are unable to access Apple's servers due to unusually high traffic. But Apple's servers are now up to scratch and everybody should have the 3.0 softw...
The scoop: Palm Pre, by Palm.
In the tech world at least, it seems 2009 is the year of the smartphone. Apple's recent announcement of the iPhone 3G S has kicked off what will be a very juicy line-up in the coming months.
Apple's iPhone 3G S was announced earlier this week and the consumer reaction to the latest version has been mixed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Sway gets its first paid features
- Thousands of hacked CCTV devices used in DDoS attacks
- Cloud consortium says simpler EU electronic signature rules aren't simple enough
- Lightning strikes Outlook in latest Salesforce-Microsoft integration
- Backblaze wants to eliminate tape-based storage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC