Controlling a coilgun from your iPhone? I guess there's an app for that too!
Users of LotusLive Meetings can now participate in online meetings on-the-go with an iPhone app.
The average iPad app in the Apple App Store costs $4.67 vs. $3.87 for the average iPhone app, according to new research from apps watcher Distimo.
A watchdog group that claimed a role in Apple's recent iPhone App Store porn purge claims there's still too much smut going around.
If you want to get past Apple's unpredictable App Store censors, it's simple: Just go win a Pulitzer Prize, and/or inspire an online revolution.
Opera Mini on the iPhone displays 'tabs' of already-opened pages. Opera Software announced today that Apple had approved its Opera Mini browser for the iPhone and iPod touch, and that the software would be available for download within the next 24 ho...
Jane Austen zombie mash-up and New York Times bestseller Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is coming to the App Store in the form of an iPhone/iPod Touch game. Developer Freeverse is short on details, but the screen shots speak volumes.
Yahoo introduced two iPhone applications this week, including one that lets users draw a circle on a map to look for restaurants within a specific area.
A recently disclosed patent request suggests Apple may be working on a mobile social networking application that would presumably let iPhone users form ad-hoc groups based on their locations.
Australian iPhone users miss out on real-time traffic information and updated maps in TomTom's latest iPhone app update, TomTom Australia 1.3. The update was released on Saturday, four months after the company last updated the app.
Pizza Hut has launched an Apple iPhone app that allows users to order pizzas at a discounted price.
South Australian mobile tech company 2moro mobile has launched an iPhone app that lets WOMADelaide 2010 festival-goers find out who's performing on stage by just pointing their iPhones.
At least one sexy app slipped under the radar of Apple's porn purge: picture-viewing app Tubes managed to pull in almost US$10,000 in the week following the ban.
If you've ever sent a text message that you've later regretted sending (Tiger Woods, I'm looking at you), then a new texting application just released for the iPhone could be your new best friend.
Apple's ban on sexy apps -- more than 5000 apps were removed from the app store over the weekend because they contained "overtly sexual content" -- has been making headlines, mostly because of the selectivity of the removal.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD