We've seen a lot of unexpected, and sometimes cool, iPhone apps approved by Apple, but today's news might top the rest. Apple has approved a marijuana--that's right, marijuana--app called "Cannabis," which lets users find the nearest (don't worry: l...
You'll soon be able to control Blu-ray content right from your iPhone. Universal has announced plans to launch a new series of iPhone apps that'll interact with its Blu-ray movie releases. The apps will allow you to tap into interactive features and ...
The folks at Facebook don't seem to be taking much downtime this summer. After announcing a revamped approach to user privacy control this week, the Facebook team is now preparing to launch a new and improved Facebook application for the iPhone.
Apple changed its mind about allowing applications with explicit content in the iPhone App Store. After approving earlier today the first app featuring photos of nude women, Apple has now removed "Hottest Girls" from the App Store.
Need to find a restaurant with the iPhone? There's an app for that. Want to read a book? There's an app for that.
When EA Tiger Woods PGA Tour teed off on the iPhone last month, the business world must have let out a collective giggle. Finally, an iPhone app for the business executive. All joking aside, the iPhone's lack of business apps has been an Achille's he...
It was revealed last Friday that <a href="http://www.gamepro.com/games/xbox360/143401/mass-effect-2/">Mass Effect 2</a>, the sequel to Bioware's highly successful <a href="http://www.gamepro.com/games/xbox360/112284/mass-effect/">Mass Effect</a>, wil...
Apple removed the controversial "Baby Shaker" application two days after it appeared on the App Store following strong protests from child advocacy groups.
The Wall Street Journal has jumped on the mobile content bandwagon and released an application for the iPhone. The financial newspaper set the price point at free -- ironic, given that the Journal's online content comes at a price of US$103 per year,...
Skype may launch a version of its mobile Voice-over-IP (VoIP) and instant messaging service as early as next week, according to a report from Om Malik of GigaOM. If true, the application could prove popular with cost-conscious iPhone users who'd like...
Wi-Fi locator Total Hotspots and Rummble have joined forces to create an app that lets Apple iPhone users search for the nearest Wi-Fi hotspot from their handset no matter where they are in the world.
The ABC has launched a Web site optimised for mobile phones. On Monday the national broadcaster also unveiled news applications for the iPhone and Google's open source Android operating system for smartphones. Both applications are free to download a...
Workday customers will soon be able to tap the SaaS vendor's human resources and financial applications from their iPhone, the company announced Thursday.
Swedish company Mobispine has launched iSendMMS, an application that lets iPhone users send MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messages, it said on Friday on the company blog.
Joel Rosenberg isn't exactly a household name, but if you goof around on your iPhone, you've probably downloaded his addictive puzzle game, Blocked.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- Google and Slack deepen partnership in the face of Microsoft Teams
- Fitbit scoops up rival fitness tracker maker Pebble
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA