Just last week, Apple officially announced its latest addition to the iPhone product line, the iPhone 3G S, along with a brand new operating system (OS) software update for older iPhone and iPod touch devices, iPhone 3.0.
Are you fed up with exclusivity arrangements between cell phone carriers and handset makers? If so, you may have allies on Capitol Hill.
Does the world need another smartphone operating system? Apple's iPhone OS is still booming; Google's Android is increasingly promising; and three longtime contenders--Microsoft's Windows Mobile, RIM's BlackBerry OS, and Symbian's S60--are undergoing...
Apple's iPhone 3G S was announced earlier this week and the consumer reaction to the latest version has been mixed.
If there is a single message from Apple's Monday announcements, it is a simple one: Software sells hardware. Second message? Apple's iPhone has a lot of software available and the Palm Pre, Android, BlackBerry, et al, don't come close.
TomTom's turn-by-turn direction iPhone application, which was unveiled at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference Monday, has been met with much enthusiasm. The company's stock price increased by 17 percent after TomTom co-founder and CTO Peter-Frans...
Over the course of two weeks in June, Apple will deliver more new phones than any mobile handset manufacturer in history. On June 8, paid members of Apple's iPhone Developer Program were given access to the GM (gold master) of iPhone 3.0 firmware, al...
The guessing game is over: Apple's iPhone 3G S has arrived.
Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know that Apple has announced its latest iPhone — the iPhone 3G S.
The guessing game is over: Apple's iPhone 3G S has arrived. Don't let appearances fool you. On the outside nothing looks much different with the 3G S. The real difference is what's inside. So how will Apple's iPhone 3G s compare to the Palm Pre?
In just six days Apple will kick off its Worldwide Developers Conference, which runs from June 8-12. The perennial Apple event is one of several vehicles the company uses to unveil new tech toys and software.
Today I read about a free iPhone app called Email 'n Walk. There are tons of iPhone apps out there, of course, many of them for free or super cheap. But this one caught my eye, in an oh-no-they-didn't kind of way. The app's goal is to make it possibl...
AT&T has been keeping quiet on its plans to adopt the Google Android platform so far. But with rumors that Verizon might steal its iPhone exclusivity and several high-end handset manufacturers already set to deliver Android phones, the wireless carri...
Adam Blum, CEO of startup Rhomobile, says 90% of the programs being written with his company's open source mobile application framework are by ISVs and the other 10% by enterprises, but over time he'd like to see those percentages reversed.
It would not be the end of a slow news week without more rumors concerning an Apple product with a large touchscreen. Some call it a netbook, others say a so-called "mediapad" is probably on the way, and now comes word of a "tablet" Mac, rumored to b...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Wave 2 Wi-Fi may be a sleeper, but it's great for some
- Researchers dismantle decade-long Iranian cyberespionage operation
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia