A day after China's Xiaomi said it wanted to become the world's number one smartphone vendor, an Apple executive weighed in and told the Chinese company to hold its horses.
Millions of Chinese will now be able to buy from Apple's App Store through the country's major domestic banking card provider, in a deal that could help the company squeeze even more revenue from one of its biggest markets.
Hours after Apple answered years of complaints by users and issued a tool to correct a bug in its routing of text messages, a federal judge in California ruled a lawsuit against the company over the issue can go ahead.
Security researchers have discovered a vulnerability in iPhones and iPads that allows attackers to install fake apps that take the place of legitimate ones.
Enterprise smartphone users were almost six times as likely to get an iPhone 6 as the larger Plus model, according to data from enterprise mobility vendor Good Technology.
Apple is at last offering a simple way for former iPhone users to receive text messages sent into limbo by the company's iMessage service.
There's a scary new piece of malware that collects call logs, phone-book contacts and other sensitive information from Apple iPhones and iPads. Should you be worried?
Several major national and international banks are planning to launch their own mobile payments apps next year.
Phones from Xiaomi still haven't arrived in the U.S., but the company's booming sales in China have been enough to make it the third largest smartphone vendor in the world.
The company behind CurrentC, an in-store mobile payment system backed by some of the biggest retailers in the U.S., attempted on Wednesday to play down a growing controversy over whether its backers could accept Apple Pay.
Facing claims that the company lifts too much from Apple, Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi defended its design philosophy and said the whole industry is constantly innovating on the ideas of the competition.
Apple's new contactless payment system on the iPhone 6 saw 1 million activations in its first three days of use, pointing to an initially enthusiastic response from Apple users.
Apple CEO Tim Cook says bringing the recently launched Apple Pay system to China is his top priority for doing business the country.
Days after the launch of Apple Pay, Rite Aid has stopped accepting the payment system at 4,600 stores across the United States.
The launch this week of Apple Pay is giving many people their first taste of NFC payment technology, which allows them to buy things in a store by bringing an iPhone 6 close to a compatible terminal.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPad Mini 3 review: Paying top dollar for yesterday's tech
- Report: Samsung's head of TVs may be asked to revitalize mobile business
- Webcam snooper now looking for a job
- Alienware’s push into the living room
- Kobo develops an eReader for Australia's beaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC