On Wednesday Volkswagen launched its new 2010 GTI hatchback not via a television or radio commercial or an auto show floor presentation, but in Apple's App Store, thus becoming the first car company to announce a new car exclusively through a mobile ...
Here's a roundup of a wild week in smartphone news. Apple, Nokia, Research in Motion, Verizon, AT&T and others all got in on the action.
Nokia today said it has sued Apple in federal court, charging that the iPhone infringes on 10 patents owned by the Finnish mobile phone maker.
In a little over two months, Microsoft's Steve Ballmer will mark the 10th anniversary of his tenure as CEO, a stretch of time where he has seen software, lawsuits, mergers, acquisitions and competitive battle royals come and go.
Cricketing legend Max Walker’s company Maxximiser, has joined the throng of Australian developers aiming to hit it big on the popular iPhone releasing an app for the the race that stops a nation.
Our Apple-focused affiliate, MacWorld, discovered earlier today that an update to the iPhone Developer Program has allowed the use of in-app transactions in free apps, a practice that was previously limited to paid apps. With iPhone game developers d...
Apple has introduced an in-app purchase feature for free iPhone apps that allow you to fulfill transactions within the iPhone applications themselves - no Apple App Store required. The feature was previously available for paid applications.
iPhone users will be the first to gain access to a new video streaming service running over Telstra’s NextG network.
There is an FM radio inside our iPhone and iPod touch devices and we may soon get to use it. That's today's tasty Apple rumor and it makes sense in a "why not?" sort of way.
Apple is developing an in-house iPhone and iPod Touch radio application, which will enable users to listen to FM radio on their existing devices, according to sources quoted by 9to5Mac.
Apparently, Apple isn't taking this whole iPhone jailbreaking hooplah too lightly. Last week, Apple began shipping 3GS iPhones with an updated bootrom (iBoot-359.3.2) that effectively blocks the current 24kpwn jailbreak exploit.
In an updated forecast on how smartphone operating systems will fare in 2012, Gartner Inc. has moved the Apple iPhone OS to fourth place, slightly behind the BlackBerry OS.
Apple's "no refunds" policy for iPhone App Store purchase is both not as bad--and worse--than it sounds. Readers say Apple occasionally gives refunds, but also complain that Apple's own updates break apps for which no refunds are given.
Australian smartphone shipments rose 29 per cent year-on-year in the first half of 2009, with sales of "data-centric" smartphones exceeding those of voice-centric handsets for the first time, according IDC research.
Fast food giant Pizza Hut today announced it will launch an iPhone app and 3G mobile phone ordering service in Australia.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT