iPhone users will be the first to gain access to a new video streaming service running over Telstra’s NextG network.
There is an FM radio inside our iPhone and iPod touch devices and we may soon get to use it. That's today's tasty Apple rumor and it makes sense in a "why not?" sort of way.
Apple is developing an in-house iPhone and iPod Touch radio application, which will enable users to listen to FM radio on their existing devices, according to sources quoted by 9to5Mac.
Apparently, Apple isn't taking this whole iPhone jailbreaking hooplah too lightly. Last week, Apple began shipping 3GS iPhones with an updated bootrom (iBoot-359.3.2) that effectively blocks the current 24kpwn jailbreak exploit.
In an updated forecast on how smartphone operating systems will fare in 2012, Gartner Inc. has moved the Apple iPhone OS to fourth place, slightly behind the BlackBerry OS.
Apple's "no refunds" policy for iPhone App Store purchase is both not as bad--and worse--than it sounds. Readers say Apple occasionally gives refunds, but also complain that Apple's own updates break apps for which no refunds are given.
Australian smartphone shipments rose 29 per cent year-on-year in the first half of 2009, with sales of "data-centric" smartphones exceeding those of voice-centric handsets for the first time, according IDC research.
Fast food giant Pizza Hut today announced it will launch an iPhone app and 3G mobile phone ordering service in Australia.
The 'geniuses' at the Apple Store in Vermont have probably run into all sorts of excuses for broken iPhones, but they just didn't believe Kris Rowley. "A bear ate my iPhone," she told them.
AT&T Wireless CEO Ralph de la Vega bemoaned the disproportionate wireless bandwidth usage of iPhone users in a speech to wireless industry professionals here today, and hinted at an unpleasant way of dealing with the problem.
Adobe's decision to give Flash developers a way to craft iPhone applications is an "end-around" Apple's decision to ban Flash Player from its popular smartphone, an analyst said today.
Yamaha and two partners have developed an iPhone application that lets up to 10 people play a piano at the same time, among other features.
AT&T reversed course today, announcing that it would "take the steps necessary" so iPhone owners could run voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) applications, presumably including Google Voice and Skype.
IBM/Lotus Tuesday whittled its client licensing options from 11 to two and said its Domino Designer development tool would now be offered free of charge in hopes of increasing application development on the platform.
The latest version of IBM's Lotus Domino, set to be announced Tuesday, will natively support the Apple iPhone, allowing users to automatically synchronize e-mail, contacts and calendar data to the popular handset over the air.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT