The first worm to infect the iPhone will not affect most users of Apple's smartphone, despite worrying reports. The ikee worm only affects jailbroken iPhones, representing a minority percentage of iPhones on the market.
A mischievous iPhone worm that targets Australian jailbroken phones is changing the phone's wallpaper to an image of Rick Astley.
In a blog post regarding the release and ongoing support of Doom Classic on the iPhone, Id Software technical director John Carmack shared his musings on possible future projects for the device. "We do read all the reviews in the App store," he state...
The first worm written for Apple's iPhone has been unleashed and is infecting phones in Australia.
Gigabyte Technology issued a BIOS update on Friday that fixes a problem for some Windows 7 users who have been unable to sync their iPhones.
The HTC HD2 has the makings of an 'iPhone-killer'. It is an impressive device on paper, and early reviews and information on the HD2 suggest that it has the ingredients to compete with both the Motorola Droid and the Apple iPhone in a head-to-head-to...
Just as a new hack,blacksn0w, promises to unlock iPhones with the latest Apple software from AT&T's wireless network, Apple is looking for a sheriff to lock the smartphones back up again, permanently.
Mobile unified communications vendor DiVitas Networks has added iPhone, BlackBerry and Android to the set of platforms it is supporting with software to access desk-phone and presence features on cell phones.
Sybase is extending its Afaria mobile-device management platform and database software to the Apple iPhone, taking advantage of new enterprise features in Version 3.1 of the iPhone's software to give IT departments more control and capabilities on th...
A Chinese company whose parts appear in the iPhone 3GS is supposedly selling midboards for a next-generation iPhone, and claims to have pictures of the entire 4G unit.
Some Windows 7 users are complaining on an Apple discussion forum that they can’t sync their iPhones to their new PCs.
Electronic Arts has been teasing the existence of its iPhone port of the classic real time strategy game Command & Conquer: Red Alert for a while now, but the game finally arrived in the app store yesterday for the premium price of US$9.99.
Ace iPhone hacker George Hotz, know as Geohot, is planning a release this week of new code that promises to let users run their iPhone on the GSM cellular network of their choice.
The iPhone appeared to get a slow start in China on Friday night as China Unicom and Apple held a launch event largely free of the buzz and long buyer lines that have accompanied launches of the handset elsewhere.
Apple iPhone users are almost twice as likely to say that they're "very satisfied" with their smartphone than second-place RIM and its BlackBerry, a research firm said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTTIBCO DeveloperVIC
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTiOS and Android DevelopersSA
- FTTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Managed Services ExpVIC
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- FTBusiness AnalystACT