There is an FM radio inside our iPhone and iPod touch devices and we may soon get to use it. That's today's tasty Apple rumor and it makes sense in a "why not?" sort of way.
Apple is developing an in-house iPhone and iPod Touch radio application, which will enable users to listen to FM radio on their existing devices, according to sources quoted by 9to5Mac.
Apparently, Apple isn't taking this whole iPhone jailbreaking hooplah too lightly. Last week, Apple began shipping 3GS iPhones with an updated bootrom (iBoot-359.3.2) that effectively blocks the current 24kpwn jailbreak exploit.
In an updated forecast on how smartphone operating systems will fare in 2012, Gartner Inc. has moved the Apple iPhone OS to fourth place, slightly behind the BlackBerry OS.
Apple's "no refunds" policy for iPhone App Store purchase is both not as bad--and worse--than it sounds. Readers say Apple occasionally gives refunds, but also complain that Apple's own updates break apps for which no refunds are given.
Australian smartphone shipments rose 29 per cent year-on-year in the first half of 2009, with sales of "data-centric" smartphones exceeding those of voice-centric handsets for the first time, according IDC research.
Fast food giant Pizza Hut today announced it will launch an iPhone app and 3G mobile phone ordering service in Australia.
The 'geniuses' at the Apple Store in Vermont have probably run into all sorts of excuses for broken iPhones, but they just didn't believe Kris Rowley. "A bear ate my iPhone," she told them.
AT&T Wireless CEO Ralph de la Vega bemoaned the disproportionate wireless bandwidth usage of iPhone users in a speech to wireless industry professionals here today, and hinted at an unpleasant way of dealing with the problem.
Adobe's decision to give Flash developers a way to craft iPhone applications is an "end-around" Apple's decision to ban Flash Player from its popular smartphone, an analyst said today.
Yamaha and two partners have developed an iPhone application that lets up to 10 people play a piano at the same time, among other features.
AT&T reversed course today, announcing that it would "take the steps necessary" so iPhone owners could run voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) applications, presumably including Google Voice and Skype.
IBM/Lotus Tuesday whittled its client licensing options from 11 to two and said its Domino Designer development tool would now be offered free of charge in hopes of increasing application development on the platform.
The latest version of IBM's Lotus Domino, set to be announced Tuesday, will natively support the Apple iPhone, allowing users to automatically synchronize e-mail, contacts and calendar data to the popular handset over the air.
Adobe Systems has come up with a way to let developers write Flash applications for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch devices, even without the support of Apple.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW