CitySourced, a startup formed by well-connected political action site FreedomSpeaks.com, will let US citizens use a smartphone like Superman's phone booth and help save the day in their city.
A smartphone application coming to the US this fall could help drivers use GPS to detect speed traps, cameras at red lights and more than 200,000 related alerts based on a database of locations compiled with updates from drivers.
More applications for enterprise users may become available for the iPhone with a new developer tool from Novell.
RealNetworks yesterday launched its Rhapsody music-streaming application for the iPhone and iPod Touch, after what the company said was a "smooth process" of back-and-forth with Apple.
Apple yesterday issued a pair of updates that patched 10 vulnerabilities in its iPhone software and four in its QuickTime player program.
The suspense is finally over: Apple's hotly hyped 09/09/09 event has come and gone, leaving us only with the inevitable task of analysing it till our "i" keys collapse with exhaustion.
Take a deep breath: Skype isn't working so great on the iPhone right now. But a fix should be available by Wednesday evening in Apple's App Store.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs today took the stage at a company event for the first time since October 2008 to introduce new iPhone software, a revamped iTunes, reduced iPod Touch prices and a video camera slipped into the iPod nano.
It's not new to hear gripes that the iPhone's App Store review system is broken, but two recent incidents illustrate just how troublesome the user-powered system can be.
Just weeks after signing a deal to sell iPhones in China, China Unicom moved to secure its relationship with Telefónica by agreeing to invest in the Spanish company and expand several existing arrangements.
Monday appears to mark an important Apple App Store milestone with the introduction of a European digital music service app called Spotify Mobile that competes squarely with iTunes. In the past Apple has barred programs from its App Store it viewed a...
GPS manufacturer Navigon has used social-networking site Facebook to announce it will launch a dedicated iPhone car cradle.
Apple iPhone 3G and 3GS owners should expect a software update on Sept. 25, AT&T revealed today, and while the new software will let U.S. customers send MMS text messages, it won't switch on tethering, the company confirmed Thursday.
As they have been wont to do as of late, Konami has drastically cut the price on one of their classic franchises-turned-iPhone games. You'd think Konami would have had their fill following Metal Gear, Frogger, and Silent Scope, but the company announ...
A free iPhone app called "Outbreaks Near Me" is designed to help users track and report oubreaks of swine flu and other infectious diseases.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC