Having played the controversy for all the publicity it could generate, PepsiCo has now removed its controversial "Amp Up Before You Score" iPhone app from distribution.
When Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer admitted publicly in September that the company did "screw up with Windows Mobile," many experts were left wondering how the mobile operating system can be fixed with the arrival of version 7 next year -- and beyond.
On Wednesday Volkswagen launched its new 2010 GTI hatchback not via a television or radio commercial or an auto show floor presentation, but in Apple's App Store, thus becoming the first car company to announce a new car exclusively through a mobile ...
Here's a roundup of a wild week in smartphone news. Apple, Nokia, Research in Motion, Verizon, AT&T and others all got in on the action.
Nokia today said it has sued Apple in federal court, charging that the iPhone infringes on 10 patents owned by the Finnish mobile phone maker.
In a little over two months, Microsoft's Steve Ballmer will mark the 10th anniversary of his tenure as CEO, a stretch of time where he has seen software, lawsuits, mergers, acquisitions and competitive battle royals come and go.
Cricketing legend Max Walker’s company Maxximiser, has joined the throng of Australian developers aiming to hit it big on the popular iPhone releasing an app for the the race that stops a nation.
Our Apple-focused affiliate, MacWorld, discovered earlier today that an update to the iPhone Developer Program has allowed the use of in-app transactions in free apps, a practice that was previously limited to paid apps. With iPhone game developers d...
Apple has introduced an in-app purchase feature for free iPhone apps that allow you to fulfill transactions within the iPhone applications themselves - no Apple App Store required. The feature was previously available for paid applications.
iPhone users will be the first to gain access to a new video streaming service running over Telstra’s NextG network.
There is an FM radio inside our iPhone and iPod touch devices and we may soon get to use it. That's today's tasty Apple rumor and it makes sense in a "why not?" sort of way.
Apple is developing an in-house iPhone and iPod Touch radio application, which will enable users to listen to FM radio on their existing devices, according to sources quoted by 9to5Mac.
Apparently, Apple isn't taking this whole iPhone jailbreaking hooplah too lightly. Last week, Apple began shipping 3GS iPhones with an updated bootrom (iBoot-359.3.2) that effectively blocks the current 24kpwn jailbreak exploit.
In an updated forecast on how smartphone operating systems will fare in 2012, Gartner Inc. has moved the Apple iPhone OS to fourth place, slightly behind the BlackBerry OS.
Apple's "no refunds" policy for iPhone App Store purchase is both not as bad--and worse--than it sounds. Readers say Apple occasionally gives refunds, but also complain that Apple's own updates break apps for which no refunds are given.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Process Specialist | ProcurementVIC
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMACT
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FT.NET DeveloperWA