Communications Minister, Senator Stephen Conroy, has denied Internet filtering is on the backburner and said the voluntary filter is on track for implementation by Optus, Telstra and iPrimus.
Optus has finally brought out a 1TB plan after its competitors kickstarted the terabyte trend.
Some of the first customers and ISPs to use the fledging National Broadband Network fibre rollout in Tasmania have praised the network in promotional videos distributed last week by NBN Co as part of the infrastructure's official launch.
Primus Telecom today revealed prices for its Tasmanian fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) services as part of the National Broadband Network (NBN). Customers residing at Midway Point, Smithton and Scottsdale in Tasmania can already order the new FTTH services ...
The bush will only get marginally better broadband despite the government's $250 million splurge to lay more fibre cable.
Will you ever realistically need a terabyte of data on your broadband plan each month? Australian ISPs iiNet, TPG and Primus seem to think so, as they all launched broadband plans last week that feature a terabyte of monthly data.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC