Following a five-month wait, Foxtel has made its streamlined IPTV service, Foxtel Play, available to selected 2013 LG Smart TV models.
Foxtel's new streaming IPTV service, Foxtel Play, won't cannibalise its core set top box business because it is targeted at a "very different market", according to the company.
Seventeen of the 22 new BRAVIA LCD TVs announced by Sony Australia on Tuesday will feature Sony Internet TV, the company's latest extension of the BRAVIA Internet Video video-on-demand service. With a staggered release from March onwards, Sony's 2011...
Foxtel and Microsoft have today announced more details of a new service that will provide Xbox 360 users with access to live and on-demand Foxtel TV via their consoles. The new service will be launched at the start of November.
The first three Australian internet service providers (ISPs) to sign up to Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) service FetchTV now face increased competition in the form of Apple's newly revamped Apple TV service.
A report released by Canon has shown that the television market is stronger than ever, with sales rising and viewers spending more time in front of the screen each day.
Foxtel has launched an online video-on-demand service for its Foxtel iQ2 set-top boxes, allowing subscribers to purchase TV shows and movies directly from the device.
Apple is reportedly in talks with Fox, CBS, NBC and The Walt Disney Co. to offer 99-cent TV episode rentals through iTunes. It's unclear if each network would offer all their content for rental on iTunes or just select series. Episodes would be avail...
The IPTV market in Australia has increased yet again with a Sony Computer Entertainment Australia and Yahoo!7 partnership to provide PS3 console users with further television content via Yahoo!7's PLUS7 catch-up TV service starting at the end of this...
The ABC's iView catch-up television service is now available on Sony's Internet-connected BRAVIA televisions and Blu-ray players.
Australia's third-largest Internet service provider (ISP), iiNet, has struck a deal with FetchTV to distribute an IPTV service to its customers.
National broadband provider iiNet yesterday held out the possibility that customers would be able to sign up to its internet television (IPTV) offering without needing one of its BoB ADSL routers, in a wide-ranging briefing about the FetchTV-based se...
Subscription TV provider FetchTV has announced prices for its video on demand service. Subscribers to the upcoming $30 per month service will gain access to all Australian digital free-to-air channels, as well as a selection of subscription TV conten...
ABC's iView online video on demand service will be accessible on Sony's Internet-connected BRAVIA televisions and Blu-ray players from mid-May.
NineMSN has launched an online video on demand service dubbed FixPlay. The site features content from Channel 9 and the Nine Network's digital Go! channel, as well as from Warner Bros and the BBC.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT