Publications discussing the transition to the IPv6 addressing system have revealed mounting anxiety regarding the economics and service impact of the global shortage of IPv4 addresses.
The Cloud, tablets, software-defined networking, IPv6 and 4G wireless reshape the enterprise IT landscape in 2012
Startup CloudFlare is turning the economics of IPv6 transition on its head with a free cloud-based IPv6-to-IPv4 translation service that is available to website operators starting today.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Where are the users? That's what popular websites including Yahoo, Google and Facebook are asking the Internet engineering community when they are questioned about their long-range plans to deploy IPv6.
If all the excitement about IPv6 has finally convinced you to take a serious look at what's involved in the transition, you'll want to start with this framework. After all, transitioning to IPv6 can be daunting given it will affect every networked de...
One day after completing a successful 24-hour trial of IPv6, Facebook, Google and Yahoo said at a joint press conference that they would begin permanently supporting this upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol on some of their key web...
The nation's largest telecom carriers, content providers, hardware suppliers and software vendors will be on the edge of their seats tonight for the start of World IPv6 Day, which is the most-anticipated 24 hours the tech industry has seen since fear...
A small number of Internet users will experience delays or time-outs as they attempt to visit Facebook, Google, Yahoo and other popular websites tonight and tomorrow, due to a 24-hour trial of a new Internet standard called IPv6.
Hundreds of popular websites -- including Google, Facebook, Yahoo and Bing -- are participating in a 24-hour trial of a new Internet standard called IPv6 on June 8, prompting worries that hackers will exploit weaknesses in this emerging technology to...
Although vendor-written, this contributed piece does not advocate a position that is particular to the author's employer and has been edited and approved by Network World editors.
Cisco this week rolled out products and services designed to ease the transition from IPv4 to IPv6 for enterprise customers.
Security experts are urging Microsoft and Juniper to patch a year-old IPv6 vulnerability so dangerous it can freeze any Windows machine on a LAN in a matter of minutes.
OpenDNS, one of the Internet's most popular free DNS services, is now offering production-grade support for IPv6, an upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol known as IPv4.
Twenty-five years ago -- when Network World was born -- the Internet was only 3 years old itself. At that time, less than 2,500 hosts were connected to the Internet and maybe 10,000 people used it regularly. Now there are more than 800 million hosts ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCWCAG 2.0 Accessibility TesterNSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW