It can't cook or clean or do laundry, but SoftBank's Pepper could become the first breakout humanoid consumer robot and the vanguard of an era of mechanized, cloud-connected assistants.
Dyson has announced a robot vacuum cleaner it says can out-suck any other.
A health care robot developed by iRobot and InTouch Health allows doctors who may be thousands of miles away to interact with patients at their bedsides.
The cyborg plant is not a new concept. The robot plant replacement is even less new: You can buy one for a price of $4.19 from ThinkGeek, after all. But a team at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich isn't interested in solar-powered p...
A stepladder bent and broken against a rack of electrical equipment, debris covering the ground, on-screen radiation readings in the red zone. These are the first images provided by robots from inside the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant after t...
If you're looking for signs of our collective robotic future, it's either terrifyingly near or forever just around the corner.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCTest EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTAPI DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC