It can't cook or clean or do laundry, but SoftBank's Pepper could become the first breakout humanoid consumer robot and the vanguard of an era of mechanized, cloud-connected assistants.
Dyson has announced a robot vacuum cleaner it says can out-suck any other.
A health care robot developed by iRobot and InTouch Health allows doctors who may be thousands of miles away to interact with patients at their bedsides.
The cyborg plant is not a new concept. The robot plant replacement is even less new: You can buy one for a price of $4.19 from ThinkGeek, after all. But a team at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich isn't interested in solar-powered p...
A stepladder bent and broken against a rack of electrical equipment, debris covering the ground, on-screen radiation readings in the red zone. These are the first images provided by robots from inside the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant after t...
If you're looking for signs of our collective robotic future, it's either terrifyingly near or forever just around the corner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- FTSenior Mobile DeveloperWA