Only 10 per cent of large corporations are considering the public cloud as a place to store even their lowest tier of data for archive purposes, according to a survey by TheInfoPro, a market research firm.
A week after Iron Mountain announced it had replaced its CEO, the company said it's considering selling its archiving, e-discovery and online backup and recovery business to return to its roots in document and tape storage services.
After only two years, Iron Mountain is planning to close its public cloud storage services , having already stopped accepting new customers as of April 1, according to market research firm Gartner.
Marking the 50th anniversary of the inauguration of President John F. Kennedy, the JFK Library Foundation on Thursday unveiled the nation's largest online digitized presidential archive, providing access to papers, records, photographs and recordings...
F5 is making file virtualization more cloud friendly with the introduction of software that translates storage protocols, making it possible to store files in public or private cloud networks using a range of technologies.
Information management giant Iron Mountain said Monday it has acquired content archiving vendor Mimosa Systems for US$112 million.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox changed passwords after 68M accounts were compromised
- 16 TV buying tips that salespeople won’t tell you about
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT