Beta testers of a data-loss prevention add-on to Cisco's IronPort security appliances say DLP is looking like a fine complement to existing anti-virus and anti-spam filtering capabilities.
Cisco’s IronPort e-mail security appliance will be capable of data-loss prevention monitoring through its integration of RSA's DLP scanning technology, Cisco announced today. RSA is the security division of EMC.
Spam volumes plunged by more than 40% after a major bot hosting network was shut down, researchers at IronPort Systems Inc. said Wednesday.
Cisco's IronPort Systems unit this week unveiled hardware extensions to its e-mail security appliances that more than double the performance of the company's previous-generation platforms.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FAA setting up advisory panel on drones led by Intel CEO
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC