Beta testers of a data-loss prevention add-on to Cisco's IronPort security appliances say DLP is looking like a fine complement to existing anti-virus and anti-spam filtering capabilities.
Cisco’s IronPort e-mail security appliance will be capable of data-loss prevention monitoring through its integration of RSA's DLP scanning technology, Cisco announced today. RSA is the security division of EMC.
Spam volumes plunged by more than 40% after a major bot hosting network was shut down, researchers at IronPort Systems Inc. said Wednesday.
Cisco's IronPort Systems unit this week unveiled hardware extensions to its e-mail security appliances that more than double the performance of the company's previous-generation platforms.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Synology DiskStation DS215j NAS device
- 2 Fitbit Charge wireless activity tracker
- 3 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 4 B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
- 5 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Oracle Service Cloud gets more social
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon woes mount as a 'major customer' defects
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook (2015 model)
- Facebook reports strong Q4 as mobile ad sales keep growing
- Cyberthreat sharing must include strong privacy protections, advocates say
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.