Intel hopes to take hardware performance to the next level with its latest Xeon Phi supercomputing chip, which packs an array of new hardware technologies that could ultimately find their way to laptops and desktops.
Micron wants to shake up decades-old memory implementations with its Hybrid Memory Cube technology, which will be available as an alternative to DRAM modules starting in the first quarter next year.
Breaking from the cocoon of the iPhone 5S, 64-bit ARM processors will start delivering breakthrough performance in servers, aided by graphics cards used in some of the world's fastest computers.
Nvidia has cancelled plans to develop a 64-bit CPU processor for servers, three years after it said it would build such a chip.
Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices on Monday announced high-performance graphics chips for supercomputers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G3 review
- 2 MiPad: Xiaomi's first tablet reviewed
- 3 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 4 TP-Link Archer D7 AC1750 Wireless Modem Router
- 5 Nokia Lumia 635 review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Latest News Articles
- Obama signs cellphone unlocking bill
- Microsoft sues Samsung, says it stopped paying for patents
- Judge approves Apple e-books price-fixing settlement
- HP's SlateBook 14 Android laptop ships, but with a higher price than expected
- Train robots hands-on to dump trash with this new OS
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 50% off $9.98
- 22% off $406 free shipping
- $1999 free shipping
- $24.06 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »