Intel hopes to take hardware performance to the next level with its latest Xeon Phi supercomputing chip, which packs an array of new hardware technologies that could ultimately find their way to laptops and desktops.
Micron wants to shake up decades-old memory implementations with its Hybrid Memory Cube technology, which will be available as an alternative to DRAM modules starting in the first quarter next year.
Breaking from the cocoon of the iPhone 5S, 64-bit ARM processors will start delivering breakthrough performance in servers, aided by graphics cards used in some of the world's fastest computers.
Nvidia has cancelled plans to develop a 64-bit CPU processor for servers, three years after it said it would build such a chip.
Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices on Monday announced high-performance graphics chips for supercomputers.
Intel hopes to deliver performance and power-efficiency breakthroughs to servers with the new Xeon Phi family of processors, the first model of which is now shipping to customers, the company said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD