Samsung has built several different Galaxy S4 smartphones, including a U.S. version running a Snapdragon processor that requires an extra image processor to enable heavily promoted user functions such as eye-movement recognition.
The new Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone with HSPA+ costs $US236 for materials, up 15 per cent from the equivalent Galaxy S III, according to a virtual teardown by IHS iSuppli.
For every person using 4G LTE now, there will be at least one more subscriber by the end of this year, IHS iSuppli says.
Apple may be able to build a cut-rate iPhone for $144, which would let it price the device between $299 and $349, hundreds less than the unsubsidized price tag of its flagship smartphone, an analyst said today.
Shipments of smartphones with screens 5 inches or larger will more than double this year, as consumers are increasingly attracted to the large screen sizes offered by the phones, according to a prediction from IHS iSuppli.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Afraid of floods and hackers? Put your data in space.
- Salesforce brings cross-channel service a step closer with new 'Snap-ins'
- US government agencies are still using Windows 3.1, floppy disks and 1970s computers
- New court request raises further doubts about transatlantic data transfers
- Top-level domain expansion is a security risk for business computers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW