A huge decline in memory prices could hurt DRAM vendors this year, with overall revenue projected to decline by 11.8 percent in 2011, research firm IHS iSuppli said in a study released Wednesday.
Samsung Electronics said it has completed development of the first DDR4 DRAM module, which offers twice the performance of today's DDR3 DRAM and reduces power consumption when used in a notebook by 40%.
Calling Samsung's Galaxy Tab a jumbo smartphone rather than a "true competitor" to Apple's iPad, iSuppli calculated a $205.22 bill of materials in its Galaxy Tab teardown.
Apple's lowest-priced MacBook Air costs the company $718 to manufacture, giving the company a heftier margin for the line than for its other notebooks, an analyst said Friday.
The new Apple TV costs less than $64 to manufacture and get out the factory door, an analyst with iSuppli said today, putting Apple's living room entry at the low end of the profit margin.
Despite what had been growing excitement about the semiconductor market this year, one research company is lowering its chip revenue forecast for 2010.
India's mobile market continues to boom but there are signs of saturation, particularly in urban markets, according to analysts.
After two years of inflated prices, NAND flash memory prices are expected to dip down to a key $1 per gigabyte level, according to a new report by research firm iSuppli.
Four out of five PC laptops that ship in 2014 are expected to use integrated graphics processors, according to a report released today.
Worldwide mobile memory revenue is expected to grow by close to 50 per cent this year on increased smartphone shipments, research firm iSuppli said on Friday.
Market researcher iSuppli sharply increased its forecast for sales of Apple's popular iPad to 12.9 million by the end of this year, from an earlier target of 7.1 million.
ISuppli has increased its 2010 revenue forecast for semiconductor foundries, driven by a resurgence in demand for consumer products, the analyst firm said on Thursday
Demand for NAND flash could outstrip supply in the third quarter of this year as consumer electronics companies prepare products for the holiday season, leading to price increases and shortages, research firm iSuppli said on Friday.
Echoing earlier research, a report from iSuppli shows that worldwide PC shipments hit record growth in the first quarter of this year.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC), the world's largest contract chip maker, on Monday reported record high chip sales for the month of April.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- CCChange Manager (Workforce Management/HR/Rostering Solution)QLD
- FTFront End Developer - Team LeadNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD