A huge decline in memory prices could hurt DRAM vendors this year, with overall revenue projected to decline by 11.8 percent in 2011, research firm IHS iSuppli said in a study released Wednesday.
Samsung Electronics said it has completed development of the first DDR4 DRAM module, which offers twice the performance of today's DDR3 DRAM and reduces power consumption when used in a notebook by 40%.
Calling Samsung's Galaxy Tab a jumbo smartphone rather than a "true competitor" to Apple's iPad, iSuppli calculated a $205.22 bill of materials in its Galaxy Tab teardown.
Apple's lowest-priced MacBook Air costs the company $718 to manufacture, giving the company a heftier margin for the line than for its other notebooks, an analyst said Friday.
The new Apple TV costs less than $64 to manufacture and get out the factory door, an analyst with iSuppli said today, putting Apple's living room entry at the low end of the profit margin.
Despite what had been growing excitement about the semiconductor market this year, one research company is lowering its chip revenue forecast for 2010.
India's mobile market continues to boom but there are signs of saturation, particularly in urban markets, according to analysts.
After two years of inflated prices, NAND flash memory prices are expected to dip down to a key $1 per gigabyte level, according to a new report by research firm iSuppli.
Four out of five PC laptops that ship in 2014 are expected to use integrated graphics processors, according to a report released today.
Worldwide mobile memory revenue is expected to grow by close to 50 per cent this year on increased smartphone shipments, research firm iSuppli said on Friday.
Market researcher iSuppli sharply increased its forecast for sales of Apple's popular iPad to 12.9 million by the end of this year, from an earlier target of 7.1 million.
ISuppli has increased its 2010 revenue forecast for semiconductor foundries, driven by a resurgence in demand for consumer products, the analyst firm said on Thursday
Demand for NAND flash could outstrip supply in the third quarter of this year as consumer electronics companies prepare products for the holiday season, leading to price increases and shortages, research firm iSuppli said on Friday.
Echoing earlier research, a report from iSuppli shows that worldwide PC shipments hit record growth in the first quarter of this year.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC), the world's largest contract chip maker, on Monday reported record high chip sales for the month of April.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW