IT budgets will only rise by a weighted global average of 1.3 percent in nominal terms in 2010, compared with 2009 levels where IT budgets declined 8.1 percent, said Gartner following the release of results from the 2010 CIO survey by Gartner Executi...
Companies trying to cut IT budgets are laying off staff and reducing compensation and benefits for remaining employees, new survey results show.
A new report by Gartner showing that software spending will increase worldwide next year indicates there may be truth to the general belief that the technology market has hit bottom.
Companies looking to cope with declining IT budgets by postponing the purchase of new laptop computers are likely making a mistake, according to a new report released by technology consulting firm J. Gold Associates.
As is the case with selling McMansions, Mercedes SUVs and 63-inch HDTVs, pushing expensive technology products and services during a global recession isn't an enviable task. Late last year, when the economic meltdown began and corporate IT budgets we...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
- Failure to patch known ImageMagick flaw for months costs Facebook $40k
- US alleges systemic employment discrimination at Oracle
- Modern warfare: Death-dealing drones and ... illegal parking?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW