Emergency response and maintenance teams on London Underground have been equipped with Windows 8 tablets to help them complete their work.
Outsourcer Accenture has reported an increase in global sales and operating profits for the third quarter, but sales in the EMEA region were slightly down.
Security enhancements outweigh potential risks around storing data in US servers as the Houses of Parliament implements its public cloud strategy.
Carlsberg, one of the world's leading brewery groups, has selected Accenture to consolidate its SAP systems across its European operations into one single platform.
Airbus has partnered with Dell to provide electronic flight bag (EFB) systems for A320 airliner operators worldwide.
Last year was the worst for the IT services contract market since 2002, according to research from analyst Ovum.
UK innovation agency The Technology Strategy Board has launched a free digital tool designed to help businesses identify sustainability issues, risks and opportunities, and integrate them into strategy and commercial decisions.
Stuart Walters, IT director at international law firm Taylor Wessing, has urged other CIOs and IT managers to engage with customer facing lines of business, such as sales and marketing, in a bid to avoid the emergence of shadow IT.
Enterprises are failing to gain the full benefits of virtualised architectures, according to research, with companies suffering from poor data backup and recovery strategies and inadequate data protection.
Consumers are calling for portable account numbers to enable easier switching between bank providers, but are concerned about banks sharing IT infrastructure to make this happen.
The professional association for public sector ICT management’s (Socitm) latest annual IT Trends report, now in its 26th year, has found that the use of smartphones, tablets and bring your own device (BYOD) schemes have come out as the top priorities...
The large majority (70 percent) of high-performing companies will manage their business processes using real-time predictive analytics or "extreme collaboration" by 2016, says analyst house Gartner.
Large companies expect more protection from their existing security tools than they are capable of, shows research, which also found that almost three quarters (72 percent) of European enterprises have suffered a targeted attack on their networks.
Tesco has confirmed that it has called in the police to investigate a possible data breach after a number of complaints from Clubcard members who claim to have had their online accounts compromised.
As the mobile industry prepares to show off lots of new shiny gadgets at this month's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, a mergers and acquisitions specialist says the industry should forget about hyping them up and prepare for the dominance of soft...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
- Apple patches iOS security flaws found in spyware targeting activist
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCData ModellerACT