Emergency response and maintenance teams on London Underground have been equipped with Windows 8 tablets to help them complete their work.
Outsourcer Accenture has reported an increase in global sales and operating profits for the third quarter, but sales in the EMEA region were slightly down.
Security enhancements outweigh potential risks around storing data in US servers as the Houses of Parliament implements its public cloud strategy.
Carlsberg, one of the world's leading brewery groups, has selected Accenture to consolidate its SAP systems across its European operations into one single platform.
Airbus has partnered with Dell to provide electronic flight bag (EFB) systems for A320 airliner operators worldwide.
Last year was the worst for the IT services contract market since 2002, according to research from analyst Ovum.
UK innovation agency The Technology Strategy Board has launched a free digital tool designed to help businesses identify sustainability issues, risks and opportunities, and integrate them into strategy and commercial decisions.
Stuart Walters, IT director at international law firm Taylor Wessing, has urged other CIOs and IT managers to engage with customer facing lines of business, such as sales and marketing, in a bid to avoid the emergence of shadow IT.
Enterprises are failing to gain the full benefits of virtualised architectures, according to research, with companies suffering from poor data backup and recovery strategies and inadequate data protection.
Consumers are calling for portable account numbers to enable easier switching between bank providers, but are concerned about banks sharing IT infrastructure to make this happen.
The professional association for public sector ICT management’s (Socitm) latest annual IT Trends report, now in its 26th year, has found that the use of smartphones, tablets and bring your own device (BYOD) schemes have come out as the top priorities...
The large majority (70 percent) of high-performing companies will manage their business processes using real-time predictive analytics or "extreme collaboration" by 2016, says analyst house Gartner.
Large companies expect more protection from their existing security tools than they are capable of, shows research, which also found that almost three quarters (72 percent) of European enterprises have suffered a targeted attack on their networks.
Tesco has confirmed that it has called in the police to investigate a possible data breach after a number of complaints from Clubcard members who claim to have had their online accounts compromised.
As the mobile industry prepares to show off lots of new shiny gadgets at this month's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, a mergers and acquisitions specialist says the industry should forget about hyping them up and prepare for the dominance of soft...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
- Finsix Dart-C charger review: Tiny, powerful, and worth the expense
- Oracle plans ‘startup organization’ focused on cloud computing, AI and VR
- Hipchat resets user passwords after possible breach
- ONUG gets closer to making SD-WANs talk to each other
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT Test ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- FTLead Agile Software TesterNSW
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD