The financial future of smartphone maker HTC appears dire, analysts say, even as the company has remained upbeat.
Apple today said it had sold over 9 million iPhones during the opening three-day weekend of sales, an 80 per cent increase over last year's launch of the iPhone 5 and a record by a major margin.
Microsoft will pay at least $200 for used iPads made by rival Apple, and in return issue credit that customers can use to buy one of the company's Surface tablets.
Apple's share of global smartphone shipments declined to 13.2% in the second quarter, while both Android and Windows Phone registered slight increases, IDC said Wednesday.
Microsoft today took an unexpected $900 million charge to account for what it called "inventory adjustments" for the Surface RT, the poor-selling tablet that debuted last year.
Two years after virtually dropping out of the mobile business, Hewlett-Packard is working on a new smartphone, an HP executive told Press Trust of India.
Researchers from Harvard and the University of Illinois have printed precisely interlaced stacks of tiny battery electrodes, each less than the width of a human hair.
While Windows 8 is getting blamed for dismal PC sales, upgrading laptops and desktop systems isn't a priority for business users, according to new research.
More smartphones will ship worldwide in 2013 than other so-called mobile 'feature' phones as the average price of smartphones drops, IDC said Tuesday.
Nvidia will stay on board with making Tegra ARM-based processors for Windows RT tablets despite sluggish early sales of the devices, making the same commitment that Qualcomm has made, an Nvidia executive said
As part of Microsoft's loan of $2 billion to a group trying to buy PC maker Dell, the two companies must modify the payment terms of Dell's current agreements with Microsoft, a document filed with U.S. regulators said.
Microsoft garnered just a "niche" in the global tablet market in the first quarter of 2013, following a period of user confusion after the launch of Windows 8 and Windows RT tablets, analysts say.
IDC is predicting a growth rate of 6 per cent in IT spending in the US this year, an amount that's virtually unchanged from last year.
For those that call tablets personal computers, Apple Inc. is the world's top PC maker, according to research firm Canalys.
Microsoft's Surface RT tablet sold 1 million units in the fourth quarter, fewer than expected, according to a UBS analyst.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA