Google's chief legal officer Wednesday issued a stinging rebuke of what he called "bogus patent" attacks on the Android operating system by major competitors like Apple, Oracle and Microsoft.
Citrix Systems this week bought Cloud.com, a 70-employee start-up that makes cloud infrastructure software. At the same time, it acquired what may be one of today's most desirable tech domain names, cloud.com.
IBM never talks about the cost of its high-end mainframes, but when it comes to its low-end mainframe, price is a major focal point.
A commanding 38 per cent share of all smartphone users in the US used Android-based devices in the three months ending in May, according to ComScore.
Microsoft is pitching its cloud-based Office 365 as a less costly alternative for IT budgets, assuming IT managers can find money in their budgets for a migration.
The first person ever appointed as the CIO of the US government, Vivek Kundra, is resigning after two and a half years on the job, the White House said Thursday.
The cutaway section of Hewlett-Packard's latest iteration of a prefabricated modular data center has a space-station-like feel to it.
With World IPV6 Day in full swing, the test flight of the Internet's new communications protocol is going smoothly.
IT departments, long criticized as being too slow in offering new technologies and services, may be facing a grassroots rebellion in many companies over cloud services.
Indian offshore giant Infosys is facing a federal grand jury probe over the use of B-1 visas by its workers, an inquiry that was touched off by a lawsuit filed by a U.S. employee of the company.
WASHINGTON - Xerox Corp., whose CEO Ursula Burns is advising President Obama on exports, last week told its product engineering employees that it is in outsourcing talks with India-based IT services firm HCL Technologies.
Professional social networking site LinkedIn went public today and immediately saw its share price and valuation surge.
Flash memory vendor SanDisk today agreed to acquire Pliant Technology, a maker of enterprise-class solid state drives, for about $327 million in cash.
Facebook may not have bought Skype, but the social networking company may still reap the benefits.
Microsoft's $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype could profoundly influence a set of collaboration and conferencing technologies called Unified Communications (UC) that have taken years to catch on, analysts said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public Cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCServer SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW