Google's chief legal officer Wednesday issued a stinging rebuke of what he called "bogus patent" attacks on the Android operating system by major competitors like Apple, Oracle and Microsoft.
Citrix Systems this week bought Cloud.com, a 70-employee start-up that makes cloud infrastructure software. At the same time, it acquired what may be one of today's most desirable tech domain names, cloud.com.
IBM never talks about the cost of its high-end mainframes, but when it comes to its low-end mainframe, price is a major focal point.
A commanding 38 per cent share of all smartphone users in the US used Android-based devices in the three months ending in May, according to ComScore.
Microsoft is pitching its cloud-based Office 365 as a less costly alternative for IT budgets, assuming IT managers can find money in their budgets for a migration.
The first person ever appointed as the CIO of the US government, Vivek Kundra, is resigning after two and a half years on the job, the White House said Thursday.
The cutaway section of Hewlett-Packard's latest iteration of a prefabricated modular data center has a space-station-like feel to it.
With World IPV6 Day in full swing, the test flight of the Internet's new communications protocol is going smoothly.
IT departments, long criticized as being too slow in offering new technologies and services, may be facing a grassroots rebellion in many companies over cloud services.
Indian offshore giant Infosys is facing a federal grand jury probe over the use of B-1 visas by its workers, an inquiry that was touched off by a lawsuit filed by a U.S. employee of the company.
WASHINGTON - Xerox Corp., whose CEO Ursula Burns is advising President Obama on exports, last week told its product engineering employees that it is in outsourcing talks with India-based IT services firm HCL Technologies.
Professional social networking site LinkedIn went public today and immediately saw its share price and valuation surge.
Flash memory vendor SanDisk today agreed to acquire Pliant Technology, a maker of enterprise-class solid state drives, for about $327 million in cash.
Facebook may not have bought Skype, but the social networking company may still reap the benefits.
Microsoft's $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype could profoundly influence a set of collaboration and conferencing technologies called Unified Communications (UC) that have taken years to catch on, analysts said Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
- Here’s how the Windows 10 Creators Update helps enterprises
- Supreme Court kills $399M patent award against Samsung in Apple case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- TPTest LeadQLD
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT