Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer today promised that the company would continue to develop and support Skype on rival platforms.
Google's Android was the top smartphone operating system in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2011, overtaking the market share of Research in Motion's BlackBerry and keeping Apple's iPhone in the third position, according to ComScore.
Apple's iPhone is inching closer to Nokia's top spot in smartphones globally, according to first-quarter 2011 results reported by IDC on Thursday.
Several news services are reporting that the son of Eugene Kaspersky, founder of the Moscow-based security firm Kaspersky Labs, has been kidnapped for ransom in Russia.
The weak first quarter growth in gross domestic product announced by the government Wednesday was blamed, in part, by a decline in public sector spending. But some tech vendors, including Hewlett-Packard, selling to the federal government may not be ...
Seagate's proposed purchase of Samsung's hard disk drive operations will likely lead to faster development of new hard disk drive (HDD) technology and improved solid state drive (SSD) and hybrid drive output, according to industry observers.
PC sales in the first quarter of this year suffered, and analysts are placing the blame on the tablet market and the disaster in Japan.
ORLANDO -- Mentors and sponsors can play a key role in helping women advance their careers in information technology, according to members of a panel discussion at the Collaborate 11 Oracle user conference here.
Could a few 7-year-old emails slice off as much as half of Mark Zuckerberg's stake in Facebook -- and the fortune he has earned from that stake?
Cisco announced Tuesday that it is killing the Flip portable video camera business in a restructuring move that will include exiting other parts of Cisco's consumer businesses and reducing the company's headcount by 550 workers.
Facebook's start-up days are long behind it.
Dramatic expense cuts and a narrowed focus on five networking technologies, including video, are coming to Cisco Systems as part of a massive planned turnaround, Cisco CEO John Chambers told financial analysts Thursday.
SANTA CLARA, CALIF. - Intel and Micron plan to further shrink NAND circuitry, doubling the density of their flash chips and further reducing the cost of solid state drive (SSD) storage.
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) surveyed Indian companies across a variety of industries and found that in the majority of industry sectors, about 80 per cent of their U.S. workforces were local hires. The exceptions were in the IT and bus...
No other disaster has hurt the worldwide computer chip industry more than last month's earthquake and tsunami in Japan, according to analysts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia