Worldwide smartphone shipments were up 75 per cent, to 302 million in 2010, a trend driven by impressive Android growth in the fourth quarter, market research firm IDC said.
In a sign of the times for solid-state drive (SSD) popularity, Violin Memory today announced that it has received $35 million in series B investment funding, lead by top investors Toshiba and Juniper Networks.
Google executive Wael Ghonim has been released from government custody in Egypt today, and he's already tweeted about his freedom.
Revenues from Windows plummeted 30 per cent last quarter compared to the same period the year before, Microsoft said on Thursday.
Sales of Office 2010 -- especially to consumers -- fueled Microsoft's record quarter, the company and analysts said last week.
The Think Tank Cafe in the Smart Villages hi-tech park in Cairo. (Image: Smart Villages) WASHINGTON -- Egypt has been aggressively attracting tech companies to its wired office parks to help create jobs for its young, educated and often English-speak...
Intel announced today that it's set to invest $100 million over the next five years into U.S. university research.
Hewlett-Packard has officially consigned its Neoview to history, less than four years after introducing it to the market as the company's core offering in the business intelligence (BI) space.
Apple COO Tim Cook at Verizon's iPhone 4 launch event in New York. Tim Cook, Apple's current chief operating officer, will be named the company's CEO sometime this year, an analyst predicted today.
MySpace was once a social networking pioneer and shining star, but analysts now wonder who would want to buy the struggling site.
Tablets like Apple's iPad are taking a toll on an already battered PC market.
WASHINGTON -- For tech workers, hiring and wages improved at year end, mirroring last month's overall gain in employment.
With its CEO gone, chip maker AMD has a chance to reinvigorate the company and start beating rival Intel on some new products.
Looking for better growth and financials, chip maker AMD has come to a parting of the ways with CEO Dirk Meyer.
No need to worry that Facebook will shut down on March 15, as reported by the supermarket tabloid Weekly World News.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- FTIteration ManagerVIC