Following a day of frenzied reports about an upcoming $100 million donation to a struggling school system, Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced Friday the creation of a new foundation called Startup: Education.
Lowell McAdam, 56, has been named president and chief operating officer Verizon Communications effective on 11 October.
WASHINGTON -- The IT industry shed employees last year at a much faster pace than they are now hiring them, but at least the industry is hiring.
IBM's shrinking U.S. workforce is particularly worrisome in Burlington Vt., which has long counted on the company to provide many good jobs for area residents.
A survey of 278 IT managers found that spending on storage systems is expected to remain flat through next year due to a soft economy and new technologies that allow IT administrators to do more with what they already have.
The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) on Friday released a guidebook to help health-care CIOs with the implementation of electronic medical records (EMRs) so they can meet the government's so called "meaningful use" in o...
After two years of inflated prices, NAND flash memory prices are expected to dip down to a key $1 per gigabyte level, according to a new report by research firm iSuppli.
After trying to push its way into the increasingly lucrative consumer electronics market for the last few years, Intel hopes that adding a security offering will be just what the market needs.
Most IT professionals share one thing with the Apple manager accused of accepting millions in bribes and kickbacks, a firm that develops secure file transfer software said today.
With the acquisition of 3Par, Dell is positioning itself against top data center storage providers, including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi and even Dell-partner EMC.
Analysts are developing a short list of possible candidates to replace former Hewlett-Packard Co. CEO Mark Hurd, who resigned Friday. But it's worth noting that Hurd's name didn't come up often, if at all, as a contender in 2005, when he was tapped f...
With Mark Hurd's sudden resignation, Hewlett-Packard Co. has a golden opportunity to hire a CEO with business savvy in mobile, wireless and smartphone areas, helping give the mature technology behemoth a needed and vital strategic direction.
SAP AG's admission of some liability in a lawsuit brought against it by Oracle Corp. over third-party support services will likely speed resolution of the dispute between the two companies.
Google today denied reports that it is in talks with Verizon for a deal that could undermine net neutrality.
If you can't beat them, buy them. At least that's what executives at Intel Corp. seem to be thinking.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD