Following a day of frenzied reports about an upcoming $100 million donation to a struggling school system, Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced Friday the creation of a new foundation called Startup: Education.
Lowell McAdam, 56, has been named president and chief operating officer Verizon Communications effective on 11 October.
WASHINGTON -- The IT industry shed employees last year at a much faster pace than they are now hiring them, but at least the industry is hiring.
IBM's shrinking U.S. workforce is particularly worrisome in Burlington Vt., which has long counted on the company to provide many good jobs for area residents.
A survey of 278 IT managers found that spending on storage systems is expected to remain flat through next year due to a soft economy and new technologies that allow IT administrators to do more with what they already have.
The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) on Friday released a guidebook to help health-care CIOs with the implementation of electronic medical records (EMRs) so they can meet the government's so called "meaningful use" in o...
After two years of inflated prices, NAND flash memory prices are expected to dip down to a key $1 per gigabyte level, according to a new report by research firm iSuppli.
After trying to push its way into the increasingly lucrative consumer electronics market for the last few years, Intel hopes that adding a security offering will be just what the market needs.
Most IT professionals share one thing with the Apple manager accused of accepting millions in bribes and kickbacks, a firm that develops secure file transfer software said today.
With the acquisition of 3Par, Dell is positioning itself against top data center storage providers, including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi and even Dell-partner EMC.
Analysts are developing a short list of possible candidates to replace former Hewlett-Packard Co. CEO Mark Hurd, who resigned Friday. But it's worth noting that Hurd's name didn't come up often, if at all, as a contender in 2005, when he was tapped f...
With Mark Hurd's sudden resignation, Hewlett-Packard Co. has a golden opportunity to hire a CEO with business savvy in mobile, wireless and smartphone areas, helping give the mature technology behemoth a needed and vital strategic direction.
SAP AG's admission of some liability in a lawsuit brought against it by Oracle Corp. over third-party support services will likely speed resolution of the dispute between the two companies.
Google today denied reports that it is in talks with Verizon for a deal that could undermine net neutrality.
If you can't beat them, buy them. At least that's what executives at Intel Corp. seem to be thinking.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Test Analyst | End to End TestingNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCStrategic Planning OfficerACT
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT