Salesforce.com's annual Dreamforce conference will kick off next week in San Francisco, and with a reported 120,000 people registered to attend in person and virtually, it will be the cloud software vendor's biggest shindig yet.
IT management in pictures
If there's anything Cal Henderson knows about, it's scaling technology to keep up with extremely rapid growth.
Oracle has come under considerable fire over the years for its restrictive license terms and aggressive audit program, but it appears at least some change is on the way.
The U.K. Cabinet Office has reportedly asked government departments and agencies to try to find ways to end their reliance on Oracle software, but it's not clear that approach will really solve its problems.
Windows 10 was released to the public on Wednesday, and Microsoft is already encouraging enterprises to begin considering an update.
Good programmers are notoriously hard to find, but HackerRank thinks it has the answer. A fresh cash infusion suggests it may be on to something.
When Cathy Lee started working at New York startup Faith Street last year, she quickly learned a lesson that could benefit other recent college graduates who want to advance their IT careers -- soft skills like being flexible, taking on new tasks and...
Microsoft is pledging dramatic improvements to its notoriously complex enterprise licensing, but experts are skeptical about the potential impact of the plan.
Contributing to open-source projects can give software developers an edge over other applicants in the competitive IT job market, say hiring professionals.
SAP's strategy event for the investment community on Tuesday offered few major surprises to anyone who's been closely monitoring the software vendor lately, but did serve to cement the company's future direction for product development, growth and cu...
Tyler Kresch isn't turning to graduate school to help him change his job from tech sales to running a startup; instead he's taking massive open online courses (MOOCs) to learn the IT skills necessary for that career move.
Whitepapers about IT management
To improve business processes and gain efficiency, its important to identify the signs that your ITSM solution is outdated, inefficient or both. In this paper we look at key questions'you should be asking, such as: • Is your IT staff still using time-consuming manual methods to address common service requests and IT requirements? • Does your organisation lack an automated Service Request Management (SRM) system? • Is your current ITSM solution able to support all your IT reporting and information needs?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GoDaddy offers $1.8 billion for Host Europe
- Cisco Meraki sees the hotel of the future in its new Wi-Fi gear
- Tell-tale toys open bedroom door to strangers, consumer groups warn
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- FTProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationNSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD