American Airlines restored access to its reservation system on Tuesday afternoon after a four-hour long outage that grounded its flights across the U.S.
A U.S. government watchdog agency has found that nearly half of 14 large ongoing military IT projects are over budget and more than half are behind schedule.
While it's important to remember that the use of Google Android software in the enterprise is still a comparatively young phenomenon, there are a few general guidelines that businesses looking to use the platform would do well to remember.
Worldwide spending on IT products and services will grow 4.1 percent this year to roughly US$3.8 trillion, according to new forecast figures released by analyst firm Gartner.
Project failures such as Novopay teachers' payroll system and the Work and Income kiosk security breach have increased the need for more accountability in the IT profession.
Microsoft has announced some key details of how it will introduce Dynamics ERP (enterprise resource planning) software products to the cloud computing model, from initial release dates to the precise role of partners.
Yahoo recently made waves when CEO Marissa Mayer revoked all work-from-home arrangements and mandated that employees show up at the office. However, the real-world data Mayer reportedly based her decision upon is not a valid metric for work-from-home...
Few tech industry buzzwords have gotten as vigorous a workout as "Big Data," but while the hype remains plentiful, it is starting to give way to real-life successes as well as formal ways companies can develop big data strategies, according to a numb...
Apple products like the iPad, iPhone, and Mac are enigmas to most IT departments. Users love them, and they prove Apple items' value as productivity tools. However, Apple seems to eschew IT's traditional top-down management philosophy. At least that'...
Imagine an organisation where employees are given several consecutive months of vacation every year. It sounds like a dream, but in the era of BYOD, it could also be an IT exec's worst nightmare.
Stuart Walters, IT director at international law firm Taylor Wessing, has urged other CIOs and IT managers to engage with customer facing lines of business, such as sales and marketing, in a bid to avoid the emergence of shadow IT.
Some school administrators are testing a bold idea to integrate the multitude of systems that are used to store student data, giving teachers a single view of how students are performing and allowing them to better deliver the right learning material...
Intel has expanded its bring-your-own-device (BYOD) program, which has been a resounding success, providing around 5 million hours of annual productivity gains last year, the company said.
SAP customers have made it no secret they believe the vendor's software licensing and pricing is far too complex, and a top company leader recently made a public pledge that things are changing for the better. But a recently created internal SAP docu...
The professional association for public sector ICT management’s (Socitm) latest annual IT Trends report, now in its 26th year, has found that the use of smartphones, tablets and bring your own device (BYOD) schemes have come out as the top priorities...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW