The European Commission has been accused of favoritism in handing out its IT contracts as it looks set to move internal IT systems to Microsoft Windows 7 without holding a public tender.
Google has launched its own quarterly online magazine, Think Quarterly, out of its operations in the U.K. and Ireland, saying that "in a world of accelerating change, we all need to take time to reflect."
Nearly two-thirds of enterprises are supporting more or "far more" applications than they actually need to run their operations, according to a survey released Monday by Hewlett-Packard and Capgemini.
Too many organisations do not have comprehensive compliance policies in place for its use, according to Gartner.
Early in my career, I experienced attitudes toward training and development that were polar opposites. Later, as I moved into leadership positions, I gravitated toward the pole that favored developing staff and keeping them up to date on technology d...
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Accenture's Kenneth Corless Ask a Premier 100 IT Leader
A former engineer with U.S. military contractor L-3 Communications is facing as much as 20 years in prison on charges that he illegally exported military data to China.
Hewlett-Packard has launched a new set of services that combine software support and professional services into a single unified offering.
Ask a Premier 100 IT Leader: Daniel Wakeman
Later this year, Oracle will begin requiring people interested in gaining Java and Solaris certifications to attend "hands-on" training courses, at an additional cost of thousands of dollars.
There is a disconnect between students getting high-tech degrees and what employers are looking for in those graduates.
He may run IT for one of the best-known names in technology, but even Microsoft's CIO is grappling with new technology challenges like moving to the cloud and handling consumer electronics that employees bring to work.
Nearly three-quarters (73 percent) of female managers believe that there is still a glass ceiling, according to new research from the Institute of Leadership & Management (IL&M).
Incidents of cheating on IT certifications are on the rise, a trend that experts say is an outward sign of the desperation felt by out-of-work and under-employed IT professionals.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- FTCRM ConsultantWA
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- FTHead of Information and Digital Technology at Taronga ZooNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW