The European Commission has been accused of favoritism in handing out its IT contracts as it looks set to move internal IT systems to Microsoft Windows 7 without holding a public tender.
Google has launched its own quarterly online magazine, Think Quarterly, out of its operations in the U.K. and Ireland, saying that "in a world of accelerating change, we all need to take time to reflect."
Nearly two-thirds of enterprises are supporting more or "far more" applications than they actually need to run their operations, according to a survey released Monday by Hewlett-Packard and Capgemini.
Too many organisations do not have comprehensive compliance policies in place for its use, according to Gartner.
Early in my career, I experienced attitudes toward training and development that were polar opposites. Later, as I moved into leadership positions, I gravitated toward the pole that favored developing staff and keeping them up to date on technology d...
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Accenture's Kenneth Corless Ask a Premier 100 IT Leader
A former engineer with U.S. military contractor L-3 Communications is facing as much as 20 years in prison on charges that he illegally exported military data to China.
Hewlett-Packard has launched a new set of services that combine software support and professional services into a single unified offering.
Ask a Premier 100 IT Leader: Daniel Wakeman
Later this year, Oracle will begin requiring people interested in gaining Java and Solaris certifications to attend "hands-on" training courses, at an additional cost of thousands of dollars.
There is a disconnect between students getting high-tech degrees and what employers are looking for in those graduates.
He may run IT for one of the best-known names in technology, but even Microsoft's CIO is grappling with new technology challenges like moving to the cloud and handling consumer electronics that employees bring to work.
Nearly three-quarters (73 percent) of female managers believe that there is still a glass ceiling, according to new research from the Institute of Leadership & Management (IL&M).
Incidents of cheating on IT certifications are on the rise, a trend that experts say is an outward sign of the desperation felt by out-of-work and under-employed IT professionals.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia