Microsoft is pledging dramatic improvements to its notoriously complex enterprise licensing, but experts are skeptical about the potential impact of the plan.
Last week's OpenWorld conference made on thing clear: Oracle remains committed to its next-generation Fusion Applications but massive growth in the product line is probably not around the corner.
Many eyes in the tech world will fall on Oracle later this week, when the vendor's fourth-quarter results are set for release. This is typically the biggest reporting period for Oracle each year in terms of revenue, but a number of questions loom bey...
Revelations over the U.S. National Security Agency's Prism surveillance program have much of the general public in uproar, but in terms of the controversy's impact to enterprise IT, some CIOs have measured, albeit watchful reactions.
SAP and a financial analyst are at loggerheads over a recent report by the analyst, which said that a handful of customers had received substantial discounts on their software maintenance renewals.
When Ben Fried left his post as IT managing director at Morgan Stanley and took over as Google's CIO in May 2008, he knew what he was getting into: supporting a user base full of technology experts and computer industry stars, like co-founders Larry ...
When you're one of just two technology managers tasked with supporting a geographically dispersed user base, any kind of self-help technology that takes the burden off IT is welcomed with open arms. That's why Ernest Kayinamura of Enel North America ...
It would be hard to exaggerate the angst that has gripped the US in recent months as the election nears, markets churn and assets melt. But the headlines that have made us dread picking up the newspaper mask a long-term problem that may shape the fut...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia