Oracle customers pay handsome fees to attend its OpenWorld conference each year, and many of them felt short-changed Tuesday when Larry Ellison skipped his final keynote to watch an America's Cup sailing race.
Companies of all sizes are picking up their adoption of SaaS (software as a service), with email, calendaring and human resources applications garnering the most interest, according to a new survey from Constellation Research.
Shareholders have voted to approve a $US24.9 billion buyout of the company by founder and CEO Michael Dell and investment firm Silver Lake Partners.
Workday is hoping to give rival Oracle and other ERP (enterprise resource planning) vendors fits with an upcoming product aimed at institutions of higher education.
Long-time partners SAP and Accenture are deepening their relationship with a new offering that calls for Accenture to serve as a single point of contact on projects involving SAP's HANA in-memory database platform and Accenture's own intellectual pro...
SAP has made the second change to its software licensing policies within a month following a long-term lobbying effort by user groups, and while the move will give customers more flexibility, certain limitations apply.
Almost 75 percent of government IT budgets globally were reported as flat or increasing in 2013, according to a Gartner CIO survey.
The large majority of people working in IT procurement are "significantly dissatisfied" with the way SaaS (software as a service) vendors define contract language related to security, a feeling likely to persist through 2015, according to a Gartner r...
Oracle has settled a lawsuit it brought last year against a former partner it alleged was providing third-party support for its PeopleSoft application in an illegal fashion.
SAP has broadened its partner program for companies that want to develop applications using its technology and then sell them through the SAP online store.
Infor has been sued by a customer who claims an ERP (enterprise resource planning) project that was supposed to take six months instead allegedly dragged on for well over a year without any useful results.
Workday's move into cloud-based financial software appears to be gaining steam, with some 50 customers now using the module in tandem with the vendor's SaaS (software as a service) human resources application.
Gartner has lowered its expectations for growth this year in global IT spending, saying it will rise 2 per cent to $US3.7 trillion. Earlier this year, the analyst firm predicted 2013 growth of 4.1 per cent.
Oracle still has some kinks to work out in its next-generation Fusion Applications and implementing them on-premises remains a daunting task, but customers on older product lines have good things to look forward to if and when they upgrade, according...
The BI (business intelligence) software market cooled off a bit in 2012 after "a few historic banner years" of spending growth, due to difficult economic conditions and even confusion over industry buzzwords such as "big data," according to a report ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC