Oracle customers pay handsome fees to attend its OpenWorld conference each year, and many of them felt short-changed Tuesday when Larry Ellison skipped his final keynote to watch an America's Cup sailing race.
Companies of all sizes are picking up their adoption of SaaS (software as a service), with email, calendaring and human resources applications garnering the most interest, according to a new survey from Constellation Research.
Shareholders have voted to approve a $US24.9 billion buyout of the company by founder and CEO Michael Dell and investment firm Silver Lake Partners.
Workday is hoping to give rival Oracle and other ERP (enterprise resource planning) vendors fits with an upcoming product aimed at institutions of higher education.
Long-time partners SAP and Accenture are deepening their relationship with a new offering that calls for Accenture to serve as a single point of contact on projects involving SAP's HANA in-memory database platform and Accenture's own intellectual pro...
SAP has made the second change to its software licensing policies within a month following a long-term lobbying effort by user groups, and while the move will give customers more flexibility, certain limitations apply.
Almost 75 percent of government IT budgets globally were reported as flat or increasing in 2013, according to a Gartner CIO survey.
The large majority of people working in IT procurement are "significantly dissatisfied" with the way SaaS (software as a service) vendors define contract language related to security, a feeling likely to persist through 2015, according to a Gartner r...
Oracle has settled a lawsuit it brought last year against a former partner it alleged was providing third-party support for its PeopleSoft application in an illegal fashion.
SAP has broadened its partner program for companies that want to develop applications using its technology and then sell them through the SAP online store.
Infor has been sued by a customer who claims an ERP (enterprise resource planning) project that was supposed to take six months instead allegedly dragged on for well over a year without any useful results.
Workday's move into cloud-based financial software appears to be gaining steam, with some 50 customers now using the module in tandem with the vendor's SaaS (software as a service) human resources application.
Gartner has lowered its expectations for growth this year in global IT spending, saying it will rise 2 per cent to $US3.7 trillion. Earlier this year, the analyst firm predicted 2013 growth of 4.1 per cent.
Oracle still has some kinks to work out in its next-generation Fusion Applications and implementing them on-premises remains a daunting task, but customers on older product lines have good things to look forward to if and when they upgrade, according...
The BI (business intelligence) software market cooled off a bit in 2012 after "a few historic banner years" of spending growth, due to difficult economic conditions and even confusion over industry buzzwords such as "big data," according to a report ...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn will help people in India train for semi-skilled jobs
- Microsoft seeks Indian customers with exclusive Skype Lite app
- Optus leverages Huawei partnership to launch first Aussie first 4.5G network
- UPS launches an autonomous drone from a delivery truck
- Redfin CTO says machine learning needs human help
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Communications ManagerNSW
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Scheduler-Port MacquarieQLD
- CCUser ResearcherNSW
- FTHRIS ConsultantQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- FTDevops EngineerVIC