Healthcare.gov lacks several basic cybersecurity controls -- including strong passwords and consistent security patching -- nearly a year after the troubled launch of the insurance-shopping website, a government auditor said.
A senior member of the U.S. Senate plans to introduce legislation that would require websites and online advertising networks to stop tracking Web users who ask to be left alone.
A state senator in California has introduced a bill that would allow Web surfers to opt out of online tracking efforts by websites and advertising networks.
A bill that would direct the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to create a mechanism to allow consumers to opt out of online tracking efforts tops a list of proposals that would be bad for the Internet, according to e-commerce trade group NetChoice.
A senior Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives will soon introduce legislation designed to give Web users more control of their personal data and to give the U.S. Federal Trade Commission power to enforce voluntary privacy standards ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT