At the heart of the fraught court battle between video gaming giant Sony and a clutch of tiny Australian technology retailers kicked off in Melbourne this month is a simple disparity between the philosophical way in which each views the PlayStation 3...
There's no denying Apple hit the jackpot with its iPhone. The company has sold more than 85 million iPhone and iPod Touch devices worldwide since the original handset's launch in 2007, according to the latest IDC figures.
In a few short years, Apple has established the iPhone as the mobile platform to beat. Each successive firmware update opens new, and often unmatched, features for users and developers to explore. Many of these features, however, find their roots out...
Between the harmless but cautionary Rickrolling worm and the much less friendly iPhone/Privacy. A worm that was able to access personal data without any indication, iPhone jailbreaking has been getting a lot of coverage lately- though not necessarily...
A hacker eager to reconnect modded Xbox 360s banned by Microsoft in recent days may be on the verge of releasing a workaround.
iPhone "jailbreaking" has been a hot topic since Apple released its smartphone more than two years ago. While the amazing little device does indeed have applications for "just about everything," Apple's sometimes arbitrary or self-serving rejections ...
Apple released the new iPhone 3GS with an updated bootrom, many reports claimed it rendered the handset "unhackable" or "jailbreak-proof."
Apple seems to have, for the moment, stopped experimenters from "jailbreaking" its most recent shipment of iPhone 3GS handsets. How long this situation will last is anyone's guess--Apple must hope it's forever.
Don't get me wrong- the App Store is incredible and unmatched. There truly is an app for just about everything on the iPhone.
What exec wouldn't love to have an army of unpaid workers cranking out improvements to their product on the off chance that they may make some money -- or get a little glory? Steve Jobs, of course. But despite Apple's stand, independent developers ar...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Software DevelopmentQLD
- TPProcurement & Contracts ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Java and AWSVIC
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCWeb Application SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- TPProject Manager | Sunshine Coast Location - Sea Change?QLD
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW