The chairman of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has not reversed course on email privacy and has not proposed to give U.S. agencies access to email and other electronic communications without search warrants, despite a news report to the contrary...
The main U.S. law targeting cybercrime may need to be changed because it has allowed law enforcement agencies to target people who simply violate websites' terms of service or their employers' computer use policies, two senators said Wednesday.
A proposal for new cybersecurity legislation by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration could give the government unprecedented access to private data, critics said Wednesday.
A new bill introduced in the U.S. Senate would update a 25-year-old law that sets the rules for law enforcement surveillance of e-mail and other electronic communications, with more legal protections for the privacy of data stored in the cloud.
The U.S. Congress needs to rewrite a law governing law enforcement access to mobile-phone data, e-mail messages and other electronic communications to reflect changes in technology, including a growing reliance on cloud computing, several senators sa...
The U.S. needs consistent rules for how law enforcement agencies can access the ever-growing collection of location-based data from mobile devices, a U.S. senator said Wednesday.
A 24-year-old law setting the rules on how law enforcement agencies can obtain electronic records needs to be updated because it's out of step with modern technology and privacy expectations, U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW