The chairman of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has not reversed course on email privacy and has not proposed to give U.S. agencies access to email and other electronic communications without search warrants, despite a news report to the contrary...
The main U.S. law targeting cybercrime may need to be changed because it has allowed law enforcement agencies to target people who simply violate websites' terms of service or their employers' computer use policies, two senators said Wednesday.
A proposal for new cybersecurity legislation by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration could give the government unprecedented access to private data, critics said Wednesday.
A new bill introduced in the U.S. Senate would update a 25-year-old law that sets the rules for law enforcement surveillance of e-mail and other electronic communications, with more legal protections for the privacy of data stored in the cloud.
The U.S. Congress needs to rewrite a law governing law enforcement access to mobile-phone data, e-mail messages and other electronic communications to reflect changes in technology, including a growing reliance on cloud computing, several senators sa...
The U.S. needs consistent rules for how law enforcement agencies can access the ever-growing collection of location-based data from mobile devices, a U.S. senator said Wednesday.
A 24-year-old law setting the rules on how law enforcement agencies can obtain electronic records needs to be updated because it's out of step with modern technology and privacy expectations, U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT