The chairman of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has not reversed course on email privacy and has not proposed to give U.S. agencies access to email and other electronic communications without search warrants, despite a news report to the contrary...
The main U.S. law targeting cybercrime may need to be changed because it has allowed law enforcement agencies to target people who simply violate websites' terms of service or their employers' computer use policies, two senators said Wednesday.
A proposal for new cybersecurity legislation by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration could give the government unprecedented access to private data, critics said Wednesday.
A new bill introduced in the U.S. Senate would update a 25-year-old law that sets the rules for law enforcement surveillance of e-mail and other electronic communications, with more legal protections for the privacy of data stored in the cloud.
The U.S. Congress needs to rewrite a law governing law enforcement access to mobile-phone data, e-mail messages and other electronic communications to reflect changes in technology, including a growing reliance on cloud computing, several senators sa...
The U.S. needs consistent rules for how law enforcement agencies can access the ever-growing collection of location-based data from mobile devices, a U.S. senator said Wednesday.
A 24-year-old law setting the rules on how law enforcement agencies can obtain electronic records needs to be updated because it's out of step with modern technology and privacy expectations, U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT