The chairman of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has not reversed course on email privacy and has not proposed to give U.S. agencies access to email and other electronic communications without search warrants, despite a news report to the contrary...
The main U.S. law targeting cybercrime may need to be changed because it has allowed law enforcement agencies to target people who simply violate websites' terms of service or their employers' computer use policies, two senators said Wednesday.
A proposal for new cybersecurity legislation by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration could give the government unprecedented access to private data, critics said Wednesday.
A new bill introduced in the U.S. Senate would update a 25-year-old law that sets the rules for law enforcement surveillance of e-mail and other electronic communications, with more legal protections for the privacy of data stored in the cloud.
The U.S. Congress needs to rewrite a law governing law enforcement access to mobile-phone data, e-mail messages and other electronic communications to reflect changes in technology, including a growing reliance on cloud computing, several senators sa...
The U.S. needs consistent rules for how law enforcement agencies can access the ever-growing collection of location-based data from mobile devices, a U.S. senator said Wednesday.
A 24-year-old law setting the rules on how law enforcement agencies can obtain electronic records needs to be updated because it's out of step with modern technology and privacy expectations, U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy said Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SoftBank gives more detail about $50B US investment
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantACT
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- FTJunior Business Analyst Permanent North SydneyNSW
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW