The U.S. Congress is unlikely to pass legislation to end the National Security Agency's widespread collection of U.S. telephone records before leaving Washington, D.C., on a two-month break.
Two top officials in U.S. President Barack Obama's administration, including the director of national intelligence, have voiced support for a Senate bill that would end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records...
Several U.S. lawmakers on Tuesday urged the nation's attorney general to curtail the National Security Agency's collection of overseas electronic communications, saying President Barack Obama's promise to revamp a surveillance program focused on U.S....
U.S. Senator Rand Paul has delivered on promises to file a lawsuit challenging the U.S. National Security Agency's authority to engage in mass surveillance.
U.S. intelligence officials on Tuesday defended surveillance of other countries' leaders, saying such efforts are common practice across the world's intelligence agencies.
U.S. President Barack Obama should add actual technologists to a group reviewing the nation's surveillance technologies, IT-related groups have said.
Massive data collection and surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency are necessary to keep the nation safe from terrorism, several senators said Wednesday.
The U.S. Department of Justice has opposed requests by Facebook, Google, Microsoft and other companies to publish the number of surveillance requests they receive from the U.S. National Security Agency and other agencies.
A U.S. surveillance court has given the National Security Agency no limit on the number of U.S. telephone records it collects in the name of fighting terrorism, the NSA director said Thursday.
Negotiations have broken down between two Internet giants and U.S. government representatives over the companies' requests to publish information on the surveillance requests they receive, a Microsoft executive said Friday.
The American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit challenging the legality of a U.S. National Security Agency surveillance program targeting customers of Verizon Communications.
Privacy groups and some lawmakers are in an uproar after news reports this week that the U.S. National Security Agency is conducting broad surveillance of the nation's residents.
Cyberattacks are near the top of the list of most serious threats facing the U.S., with the rivaling concerns about terrorism and North Korea, intelligence officials with President Barack Obama's administration said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW