Cyberattacks on U.S. networks by other nations may not always demand the same level of retaliation, and only attacks that cause major damage or loss of life should prompt similar responses, a group of national security experts said Wednesday.
The U.S. government should look to incentives as a way to encourage businesses to adopt better cybersecurity practices, instead of creating mandates, recommends a new paper from four trade groups and a civil liberties group.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC