Struggling display manufacturer Sharp, reeling from fierce competition in smartphones, will push automakers to incorporate vehicle dashboards that have gestural commands, thin bezels and other next-generation features.
Struggling electronics maker Sharp said Monday it is grappling with how to reform its LCD panel business, but has yet to make any decisions.
Apple is in talks with iPhone screen maker Japan Display that could result in the construction of a new screen factory in Japan, Japanese media reported Friday.
Panasonic said Tuesday it will sell one of its main domestic TV panel factories to a new joint venture focused on producing smaller screens, as Japan's big-name manufacturers continue to seek relief from deep losses in their display businesses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCITSM Process AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCTivoli Access Manager DeveloperNSW
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCField EngineerVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- CCTesting Business Analyst (Gold Coast based)QLD
- CCSenior Software DeveloperNSW