The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to approve legislation that would encourage companies to share cyberattack information with each other and with the government, despite concerns that it would put new consumer information in the hands of su...
A long-standing effort to extend privacy protections to email and other data in the cloud got new life Thursday when U.S. lawmakers introduced not one, but two bills to reform the country's electronic privacy laws.
U.S. lawmakers want their counterparts in the European Parliament to back away from a resolution that would split up Google by separating search engines from other online services.
Some former supporters of a mobile phone unlocking bill in the U.S. Congress have withdrawn their support for the legislation because of a new provision added to it as it heads to the House of Representatives floor for a vote.
The U.S. House of Representatives moved closer Wednesday toward the passage of the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA), despite concerns that the cyberthreat information-sharing bill will allow Web-based companies to share a wide am...
The chief sponsor of the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) in the U.S. Congress has ignited a Twitter storm by suggesting many opponents of the proposed cyberthreat sharing bill are 14-year-olds in basements.
The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee has postponed further debate on the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) until after Congress' holiday break.
Industries that rely on fair use exceptions to U.S. copyright law have weathered the recent slow economy better than other businesses, according to a new study released by a tech trade group.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTFraud AnalystVIC