The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to approve legislation that would encourage companies to share cyberattack information with each other and with the government, despite concerns that it would put new consumer information in the hands of su...
A long-standing effort to extend privacy protections to email and other data in the cloud got new life Thursday when U.S. lawmakers introduced not one, but two bills to reform the country's electronic privacy laws.
U.S. lawmakers want their counterparts in the European Parliament to back away from a resolution that would split up Google by separating search engines from other online services.
Some former supporters of a mobile phone unlocking bill in the U.S. Congress have withdrawn their support for the legislation because of a new provision added to it as it heads to the House of Representatives floor for a vote.
The U.S. House of Representatives moved closer Wednesday toward the passage of the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA), despite concerns that the cyberthreat information-sharing bill will allow Web-based companies to share a wide am...
The chief sponsor of the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) in the U.S. Congress has ignited a Twitter storm by suggesting many opponents of the proposed cyberthreat sharing bill are 14-year-olds in basements.
The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee has postponed further debate on the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) until after Congress' holiday break.
Industries that rely on fair use exceptions to U.S. copyright law have weathered the recent slow economy better than other businesses, according to a new study released by a tech trade group.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
- What's old is new again with MIT's latest bug finder
- Business users get live chat in Office Online
- Arduino targets the Internet of Things with Primo board
- Afraid of floods and hackers? Put your data in space.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC