Two recently disclosed data breaches at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) could endanger national security and the lives of federal workers in intelligence or other sensitive jobs, according to some lawmakers.
U.S. lawmakers are skeptical of an FBI request for Congress to mandate encryption workarounds in smartphones, with critics saying Wednesday that back doors would create new vulnerabilities that bad guys can exploit.
Republican lawmakers repeatedly accused the U.S. Federal Communications Commission of being improperly influenced by President Barack Obama during the agency's recent net neutrality proceeding, but lawmakers failed to produce solid evidence during a ...
Republicans in the U.S. Congress are demanding to know how much the White House influenced the Federal Communications Commission while the agency crafted net neutrality rules.
U.S. lawmakers want their counterparts in the European Parliament to back away from a resolution that would split up Google by separating search engines from other online services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA