Two recently disclosed data breaches at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) could endanger national security and the lives of federal workers in intelligence or other sensitive jobs, according to some lawmakers.
U.S. lawmakers are skeptical of an FBI request for Congress to mandate encryption workarounds in smartphones, with critics saying Wednesday that back doors would create new vulnerabilities that bad guys can exploit.
Republican lawmakers repeatedly accused the U.S. Federal Communications Commission of being improperly influenced by President Barack Obama during the agency's recent net neutrality proceeding, but lawmakers failed to produce solid evidence during a ...
Republicans in the U.S. Congress are demanding to know how much the White House influenced the Federal Communications Commission while the agency crafted net neutrality rules.
U.S. lawmakers want their counterparts in the European Parliament to back away from a resolution that would split up Google by separating search engines from other online services.
New patent reform legislation introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives Wednesday aims to make it more difficult for so-called patent trolls to file infringement lawsuits.
A group of U.S. lawmakers has introduced legislation that would require law enforcement agencies to get court-ordered search warrants before obtaining a suspect's mobile phone location or GPS data, instead of using prosecution-issued subpoenas.
The U.S. Congress needs to shut down so-called patent trolls whose infringement lawsuits are diverting company resources from hiring and research, a group of technology companies told lawmakers Thursday.
Two U.S. lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require a losing plaintiff to pay legal costs in many patent infringement lawsuits, in an effort to discourage so-called patent trolls from filing court cases.
The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee has postponed further debate on the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) until after Congress' holiday break.
The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee slowly moved toward approval of the controversial copyright enforcement bill Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), although the panel was able to debate only a handful of amendments Thursday.
The U.S. Congress should focus on voluntary incentives, instead of new regulations, as a way to encourage companies to improve their cybersecurity efforts, although some changes in current laws are needed, a group of Republican lawmakers said in a re...
Affiliates of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) in 31 states have filed 379 information requests, demanding that state and local law enforcement agencies tell how they use location information from mobile phones to track U.S. residents.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC