A jury has found in favour of Google in the latest round of a legal battle in which software giant, Oracle, was suing the search behemoth for breach of copyright.
Slow startup times, null pointers, security flaws -- Java's ongoing success leaves plenty to complain about
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Oracle said that no court has ever found that APIs for software like Java are ineligible for copyright protection, in its objection to Google's request that the court make a summary judgment on Oracle's copyright allegations.
Oracle has unloaded a hefty package of patches aimed at fixing critical vulnerabilities in Java SE and Java for Business, and Oracle as well as third-party security experts are urging IT admins to deploy the security update immediately.
According to Boy Genius Report, Research In Motion, the maker of BlackBerry smartphones, is contemplating building Android compatibility into its handsets and upcoming tablet, the BlackBerry PlayBook.
Version 7. 0 of the NetBeans open source IDE is due in April, featuring capabilities for Java SE 7, as well as faster deployment to the WebLogic Server application server, according to the NetBeans Oracle-sponsored website.
Micro Focus on Thursday announced it is extending its Cobol platform to Java and the Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform, with the launch of Micro Focus Visual Cobol R3.
Amazon on Wednesday planned to introduce an offering that combines its Web services into one tool that is aimed at making it easier for customers to use and fine-tune the services.
Java developers are getting more assistance in writing parallel programs for multi-core systems with another technology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
CloudBees plans to unveil on Tuesday a Java cloud application platform featuring its own Dev@cloud application development infrastructure and the Java platform-as-a-service gained through acquiring Stax Networks.
Oracle has asked the Apache Software Foundation to reconsider its decision to quit the Java SE/EE Executive Committee, and is also acknowledging the ASF's importance to Java's future.
Protesting what it perceives as Oracle's undue control of Java, the Apache Software Foundation has resigned its seat from the Java SE/EE Executive Committee, the organization announced Wednesday.
An Oracle official detailed on Tuesday the submissions of upcoming Java releases to the formal specification process, including versions 7 and 8 of Java's standard edition.
Seemingly anxious to get the next version of the Java programming language ratified, Oracle has asked the Apache Software Foundation to reconsider its stance on the proposed Java Standard Edition 7.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW