Slow startup times, null pointers, security flaws -- Java's ongoing success leaves plenty to complain about
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Oracle said that no court has ever found that APIs for software like Java are ineligible for copyright protection, in its objection to Google's request that the court make a summary judgment on Oracle's copyright allegations.
Oracle has unloaded a hefty package of patches aimed at fixing critical vulnerabilities in Java SE and Java for Business, and Oracle as well as third-party security experts are urging IT admins to deploy the security update immediately.
According to Boy Genius Report, Research In Motion, the maker of BlackBerry smartphones, is contemplating building Android compatibility into its handsets and upcoming tablet, the BlackBerry PlayBook.
Version 7. 0 of the NetBeans open source IDE is due in April, featuring capabilities for Java SE 7, as well as faster deployment to the WebLogic Server application server, according to the NetBeans Oracle-sponsored website.
Micro Focus on Thursday announced it is extending its Cobol platform to Java and the Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform, with the launch of Micro Focus Visual Cobol R3.
Amazon on Wednesday planned to introduce an offering that combines its Web services into one tool that is aimed at making it easier for customers to use and fine-tune the services.
Java developers are getting more assistance in writing parallel programs for multi-core systems with another technology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
CloudBees plans to unveil on Tuesday a Java cloud application platform featuring its own Dev@cloud application development infrastructure and the Java platform-as-a-service gained through acquiring Stax Networks.
Oracle has asked the Apache Software Foundation to reconsider its decision to quit the Java SE/EE Executive Committee, and is also acknowledging the ASF's importance to Java's future.
Protesting what it perceives as Oracle's undue control of Java, the Apache Software Foundation has resigned its seat from the Java SE/EE Executive Committee, the organization announced Wednesday.
An Oracle official detailed on Tuesday the submissions of upcoming Java releases to the formal specification process, including versions 7 and 8 of Java's standard edition.
Seemingly anxious to get the next version of the Java programming language ratified, Oracle has asked the Apache Software Foundation to reconsider its stance on the proposed Java Standard Edition 7.
Third parties, not Google, would be liable for any Java copyright violations in the Android mobile OS, according to a filing the vendor made Wednesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the U.S. government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA