Due to its dispute with Oracle, Google said it will not present at the JavaOne conference this year.
Oracle has issued a call for papers for a rescheduled JavaOne conference, to be held this year alongside Oracle OpenWorld, Sept. 19-23, in San Francisco.
Listening to Sun Microsystems heap accolades on its JavaFX multimedia application technology Wednesday evening almost obscured the fact that JavaFX faces quite a battle in the space against the established Adobe Flash and AJAX platforms and Microsoft...
Five years after settling a bitter lawsuit with Sun Microsystems over the Java programming language, a Microsoft executive made the company's first-ever JavaOne keynote address Thursday.
Reassuring the Java community, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison pledged a commitment to Java technologies, including the budding JavaFX rich media extension to Java, on Tuesday morning at the JavaOne conference in San Francisco.
Latest News Articles
- Brother MFC-J6920DW multifunction centre
- Vodafone now selling 4G-enabled Samsung Galaxy Ace 3
- Telstra now selling Samsung's new Galaxy Note 10.1
- Xbox One sets Aussie sales record
- Google launches white Nexus 7, but not for Australia
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 4 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »