Due to its dispute with Oracle, Google said it will not present at the JavaOne conference this year.
Oracle has issued a call for papers for a rescheduled JavaOne conference, to be held this year alongside Oracle OpenWorld, Sept. 19-23, in San Francisco.
Listening to Sun Microsystems heap accolades on its JavaFX multimedia application technology Wednesday evening almost obscured the fact that JavaFX faces quite a battle in the space against the established Adobe Flash and AJAX platforms and Microsoft...
Five years after settling a bitter lawsuit with Sun Microsystems over the Java programming language, a Microsoft executive made the company's first-ever JavaOne keynote address Thursday.
Reassuring the Java community, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison pledged a commitment to Java technologies, including the budding JavaFX rich media extension to Java, on Tuesday morning at the JavaOne conference in San Francisco.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystACT
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationQLD
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationVIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW