Microsoft's future hinges on attracting developers to build Windows 8 apps. But by offering financial incentives, supporting a range of programming languages and allowing developers to write code once for multiple devices, those developers may soon f...
Apple's Safari browser contains a critical, unpatched bug that attackers can use to infect Windows PCs with malicious code, researchers at US-CERT and other security firms said today.
There's no doubt mobile technologies have already made a big dent on our lives.
Twitter plans to launch a new platform that lets Web publishers display 'tweets' on their sites more broadly and easily than is possible today via the company's APIs (application programming interfaces).
Oracle Corp. today promised to aggressively push its newly acquired MySQL open-source database, rather than kill it.
An up-and-coming lightweight data interchange format for Web applications, considered by a growing number of people to be an alternative to XML, has gotten a boost from the standards body Ecma.
Game developer Gil Megidish states that he has "some kind of obsession with this game." Another World, released as Out of This World in North America, was a beautifully animated sci-fi adventure game first released in 1991 for the Commodore Amiga. Ov...
Google has decided to release as open source several of its key application development tools, hoping that they will prove useful for external programmers to build faster Web applications.
Ample SDK, a GUI toolkit for building cross-browser, client-side applications through a "natural and efficient" development experience, is set to make its debut as a 1.0 release on November 1, the founder of the project said on Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCInfrastructure ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC